Join us for any of these campus ministry programs and events.
- Blessing of the Animals: In the spirit of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, the campus community and friends of the university are encouraged to bring their furry, scaled, or feathered friends to campus. During this brief outdoor service, our chaplain blesses our cherished pets and reminds us of the goodness of God’s creatures. This is held annually on or near the Feast of St. Francis (October 4) at 1:30 p.m. at the Jeffries Hall Arcade. Pets blessed to date have included dogs, cats, rats, horses, birds, bunnies, fish, and ferrets, so don’t hesitate to bring your own pet!
- Speakers: Speakers talk on a wide variety of topics relating to prayer, social justice, spiritual growth, church issues, and more.
- GROW (Gospel Reflections Once a Week): Each semester, students, faculty, staff, and campus ministers gather to reflect on the weekly Gospel readings. Groups review the Scripture and discuss its meaning and real-life application.
- Christmas Tree Lighting and Blessing: Each year, the Georgian Court University comes together to bless our community Christmas tree. The celebration includes festive dance, vocal performances, prayer, and Christmas carols for all to sing along. Bring an ornament to adorn our tree. All are welcome.
Each year, the Office of Campus Ministry sponsors multiple retreat experiences to help participants grow in faith. Check with campus ministry for dates and registration details.
- Freshman Pathways Retreat
- Leadership Retreat
- Athletes’ Retreat “More than Winning: Training for the Greater Race”
- Busy Persons’ Retreat (on-campus)
- RCIA Retreat (for those receiving the sacraments of baptism, confirmation, and first Communion)
- Mercy Collegiate Society Retreat
- Other Retreats