"Heart for Mercy - Strength of Faith"
Welcome to GCU Campus Ministry!
The role of Campus Ministry at Georgian Court University is to support the spiritual growth of all members of the university community. Our vision of Campus Ministry calls us to:
- Gather a vibrant community for worship, prayer and reflection.
- Celebrate the Catholic Christian faith of our sponsors, the Sisters of Mercy.
- Cultivate faith-filled leaders who can have a positive impact on our world.
- Animate the GCU community for compassionate service and advocacy for justice.
Campus Ministry is housed in the Gatekeeper's Lodge, just inside the 7th Street Gate - across from the mansion. We hope you'll stop by for a visit.
Like GCU Campus Ministry on Facebook!
CAMPUS MINISTRY NEWS
Christmas Giving Tree Project (Dec. 2-17)
The Christmas Giving trees are located in all buildings/dorms. Take a tag, buy a gift and leave it under the tree or bring it to the Campus Ministry Office by Dec. 13 (Dec. 17 at the latest). Gifts should be unwrapped or in a Christmas bag. All gifts will be delivered to Catholic Charities, Interfaith Hospitality and Providence House. Please join us in the joy of giving this Christmas season! Click Here for the Giving Tree Wish List.
Nelson Mandela was a powerful blessing who brought forgiveness and reconciliation to many in our world. His passing is a great loss.
Campus Ministry will offer two opportunities to honor this great man of nonviolence.
- Sunday Mass: The regularly scheduled Sunday Mass will include a special remembrance of Nelson Mandela. The liturgy will take place in the Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel on December 8th at 5 PM. All are welcome.
- Ecumenical Service of Peace and Nonviolence: There will be a brief ecumenical service at 2 PM on Tuesday, December 10th. It will include Scripture and non-Biblical readings as well as the words of Nelson Mandela. This service will also take place in the chapel. Please join us.