Department of Dance: Auditions
Wednesday, October 17th
- Luncheon with studio directors and guest students
- Open dance classes for prospect students
Dance Audition Dates:
1st Audition: Saturday, December 8th - (11:00am)
2nd Audition: Monday, January 21st - (3:30pm)
3rd Audition: Monday, February 4th - (3:30pm) (Monday, February 11th - snow day)
4th Audition: Monday, March 11th - (3:30pm)
5th Audition: Monday, April 8th - (3:30pm)
The Dance Audition will determine admission to the Georgian Court University Dance Program and eligibility for dance scholarships. Auditions will be held in the GCU Dance Studios, Wellness Center, GCU Lakewood Campus.
The Dance audition consists of:
First section - Group audition:
Ballet barre ( 20 minutes)
Brief modern dance warm up (10 minutes)
A combination (phrase of movement) in the same style (20 minutes)
Second section - Individual audition:
Each dancer will perform a study (short dance) featuring their own choreography or choreography by one of their teachers.
Specifications of the study:
Style: Any style of dance that the student feels confident dancing
Maximum Length: 2 minutes
Music: CD or iPod (bring your own)
The student will also need to bring to the audition a brief essay (1-2 pages) explaining ALL of the following:
- Why would you like to pursue a career in dance?
- What would you like to achieve in these four years of training and dance education?
- Why it is important to you to attend a dance program at a liberal arts university?
- What do you see yourself doing in the dance field after graduation?
For more information or questions contact:
Rosemarie Fabrizzio, Undergraduate Admissions Counselor/Recruiter