Nancy Burns-Sardone, Ph.D.
Tuesday 11:00-1:00PMWednesday 2:00-3:00PM
- Ph.D. New York University
- M.A. New York University
- B.S. Economics - University of Massachusetts
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2013, January 3). Collaboration as a form of professional development: Improving learning for faculty and students. College Teaching, 61(1), 30-37.
- Sardone, N.B (2012, September). Teaching classic literature with comic books and virtual lit trips. English Journal, 102(1), 67-70.
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2011). Electronic games and History: A new way to learn or more educational fluff? National History Education Clearinghouse. Invited Author. http://teachinghistory.org/issues-and-research/roundtable/25080
- Sardone, N.B. (2011). Developing Information Technology (IT) Fluency in College Students: An Investigation of Learning Environments and Learner Characteristics. Journal of Information Technology Education, 10, 101-122. Translated into Ukrainian (2011).
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2010, Summer). Teacher candidate responses to digital games: 21st century skills development. Journal of Research on Technology in Education, 42(4), 409-425. Translated into Hebrew (2012).
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2010). Digital simulation games for social studies classrooms. The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues, and Ideas, 83(4), 138-144.
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2010, March). Keeping it Current: Using technology to teach about social issues. English Journal, 99(4), 61-64.
- Sardone, N.B. & Devlin-Scherer, R. (2010, February).Digital games for English classrooms. Teaching English with Technology: A Journal for Teachers of English, 10(1), 35-50.
- ED3100/EDC5158 Instructional Technology in Inclusive Settings
- ED3110/EDC5110 Foundations of Education
- ED3115/EDC5115Instructional Design for Inclusive Social Studies Classrooms
- Content Analysis
- Survey and Correlation
Service to the University:
- General Education Task Force, 2010-present
- Graduate Council Committee Member, 2010-2012
- Teacher Education Department Chair, 2009-2012
- Kids in College Grant Program - Planning Committee and Presenter. April 27, 2012 and April 20, 2011
- GCU Faculty Workshop Organizer and Facilitator - Inspiration (April, 2010). SOE Teacher Education Faculty.
- Educational Technology Program Committee Faculty Presenter. Spring 2011.
- 100 Years of American Education Program Committee Co-Chair and Faculty Presenter. Spring 2009.
Why I Love GCU:
- I love GCU for its values and mission plus the campus setting is peaceful and naturally beautiful.