Theresa Brown, Ph.D.
Farley Center Room 108
Fall 2012: T & R 1:00 – 2:00 & 3:30 – 4:00, R 7:00 – 8:00 & By Appointment
- NJ Certified School Psychologist Ph.D. & M.A., Bowling Green State University B.A., Montclair State University
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2012). Balancing Work and Family: Implications for School Psychologists. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, in press.
- Brown, T. J. (2011). A Required Course in Gender Studies. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 35 (1), 162-164.
- Sumner, K. E., Brown, T. J., & Ravosovich, D. (2009). Antecedents and Consequences of Workplace Aggression: Gaining Insight from Interview of Targeted Employees. International Journal of Business Research, 9 (1), 665-673.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2007). An Examination of Initiators, Targets, Reactions, Organizational Contexts. Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2006). Dual Career Couples in Academia. Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E., (2006). Perceptions and Punishments of Workplace Aggression: Toward an Understanding of Content, Context, and Perceiver Variables. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 36, 2509-2531.
- Brown, T. J., Ferrara, K., & Schley, N. (2002). The Relationship of Pregnancy Status to Job Satisfaction: An Exploratory Analysis. Journal of Business and Psychology, 17, 135-158.
- Brown, T. J., Sumner, K. E., & Nocera, R. (2002). Understanding Sexual Aggression against Women: An Examination of the Role of Men’s Athletic Participation and Related Variables. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 17, 937-952.
- Brown, T.J., & Allgeier, E.R. (1996). The Impact of Participant Characteristics, Perceived Motive, and Participant Job Behaviors on Co-Workers' Evaluations of Workplace Romances. The Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 26, 577-595.
- Sumner, K. E., & Brown, T. J. (1996). Men, Women, and Money: Exploring the Role of Gender, Gender-Linkage of College Major, and Career Information Source in Salary Expectations. Sex Roles, 34, 823-839.
- Brown, T.J., & Allgeier, E.R. (1995). Managers' Perceptions of Workplace Romances: An Interview Study. The Journal of Business and Psychology, 10, 169-176.
- Thirteen invited books reviews and book chapter.
- Graduate and undergraduate classes in Statistics/Research Methods
- Developmental Psychology
- School Psychology
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Career Psychology
- Gender Studies
- Research interests including parenting, work family life balance among parents of atypically developing children, and the transition process to postsecondary education for student with disabilities.
Service to the University:
- Academic Year 2012-2013: Member, Salary & Benefits Committee; Member, Rank & Tenure Committee.
Why I Love GCU:
- GCU is a special place where members of the GCU community care about one another.