The Office of Finance is committed to serve the best interest of the University with integrity, competency and objectivity.
Foreword: Data drives the ability to make informed decisions. The Finance Area is responsible for the recording and reporting of financial data for the University. The community of the University, as well as external constituents, relies on the accuracy and timeliness of the financial reports prepared and disseminated by this Office. Our highest responsibility is to process transactions and prepare financial reports in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States of America.
- Provide financial transparency
- Provide quality customer service to both internal and external constituents utilizing the Mercy Core Values of respect, integrity, justice, compassion and service
- Establish and communicate procedures necessary to ensure the proper recording of university activity
- Assist individual departments with budget and related accounting issues to enable them to better accomplish their goals and contributions to the University
- Be a valued partner / contributor to strategic intelligence and planning
- Provide available information and analysis relevant to the subject area prior to decision
- Review organizational structure and workflow and develop recommendations when appropriate, particularly in the subject area of internal controls
- Identify and communicate ways to optimize the University’s resources
- Partner to enhance revenues and identify cost saving opportunities
- Improve the accuracy, relevance and timeliness of financial reports
- Seek, develop and apply best practices in financial operations and reporting
- Assess and enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of departmental workflow
- Anticipate, address and meet the expanding demands for financial information in an increasing complex environment
By fulfilling its commitment to the University articulated in the above goals, the Finance area ensures that the University maintains a positive financial position, operates within its budget and safeguards its resources which contribute to the attainment of university mission and goals.
For further information, contact:
Georgian Court University
Office of Finance/Controller
900 Lakewood Avenue
Lakewood, NJ 08701