For Immediate Release
Swing into Spring with GCU’s Spring Musical Events
Lakewood, N.J., March 18, 2008—Sway your way into a season full of jazz and top brass, as Georgian Court University invites you to join an exceptionally assorted spring program that launches this coming Sunday, April 6, at 2:00 p.m. with the GCU Jazz Band Spring Concert. Celebrate the season with a series of great performances that promises to satisfy any musical taste.
Spring 2008 Music Schedule
- Jazz Band Spring Concert, Sunday, April 6, 2:00 p.m., Ruggiero Room
- Concert Band Spring Concert, Monday, April 7, 7:30 p.m., Casino Auditorium
- Faculty Recital, Sunday, April 13, 7:00 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
- Student Recital, Friday, April 18, 4:30 p.m., The Mansion
- Chorale Spring Concert, Saturday, April 26, 7:30 p.m., Casino Auditorium
- String Orchestra Spring Concert, Saturday, May 3, 7:30 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
- Court Singers & Georgian Court Flute Ensemble Spring Concert, Monday, May 5, 7:30 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
- Student Recital, Thursday, May 8, 7:00 p.m., Dorothy Marron University Community Chapel
All musical events take place on the university’s Lakewood campus. Reservations are not necessary, except for performances in the Mansion due to limited seating and for groups. Concerts are $10 per person; $5 per senior citizen or non-GCU student; and free to the GCU community with ID. Recitals and the Jazz Band Concert are free for all.
For more information or reservations, please call GCU’s Department of Music at 732.987.2624.
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts core and a special concern for women. A forward-thinking university that supports diversity and academic excellence, Georgian Court serves over 3,000 students of all faiths and backgrounds in a residential Women's College and a coeducational University College with undergraduate and graduate programs. Georgian Court's main campus is located at 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., on the picturesque former George Jay Gould estate, now named a National Historic Landmark. Georgian Court also offers classes at its site at 90 Woodbridge Center Drive in Woodbridge and at Coastal Communiversity in Wall and Cumberland County College in Vineland.
# # #