Edward Witman, Ph.D.
|Fax: 732 987-2010
Arts & Science 144a
Tuesday & Thursday 11am to 12:15; 3pm to 4.
- AB in Philosophy from Georgetown University, '67
- MA & PhD in philosophy from Fordham University, '77
- Post Doctoral Certificate in Bioethics & Medical Humanities from Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1997
- Nat'l Endowment for Humanities Grant Recepient for Penn State College of Medicine" summer residency program "Medicine, Literature & Culture" '02
- War, Peace and Morality
- Paradigms of Evil
- The Meanings of Sports
- Social & Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art; History of Philosophy
- Philosophical Ethics
- Philosophical Inquiry
- Philosophy & Contemporary Issues
- Business Ethics
- American Philosophy
- Philosophy of Religion
- Medical Ethics;
- Military Ethics and History;
- Philosophy of Sports.
Service to the University
- Director of the University Honors Program, '05 to '10.
- Ethicist member of the GCU IRRB, '04 to date.
- Chairman of History, Geography & Philosophy Dept, '01 to '04.
- Chairman of Rank & Tenure Committee,'97 to '04.
- Chairman of Faculty Assemby '95-96.
- President of GCC chap. of AAUP, 96-97.
- Steering Committee for Middle States Self Study, '87-88.
Why I Love GCU
- I have found a home at GCU and been part of this family for most of my adult life. GCU has provided me with the support, encouragement, and freedom to pursue my intellectual interests across a variety of areas, and most importantly the opportunity to share these interests with students and colleagues.