Sachiko Komagata, P.T., Ph.D.
Wellness Center - Room 527
See my Syllabus and by appointment
- Ph.D. Physical Therapy, Temple University, 2004; Thesis Title: Physical Therapists' Beliefs about What Facilitates Successful Patient Outcomes
- M.P.T. Physical Therapy, Temple University, 1993
- B.P.E. Physical Education, Japan Women's College of Physical Education, 1986
- Komagata, S. (Aug. 2008). Five tips for swimming successfully against non-holistic culture. Edge Life Magazine.
- Komagata, N. and Komagata, S. (2008). Ava's Bedside: Making Sense Through Attachment. Morrisville, NC: Lulu.com.
- Komagata, N. and Komagata, S. (2007). The Mind-Body Connection Behind Holistic Approaches to Health: Recent Advancements and Current Limitations. Ewing, NJ: Nobo & Sachiko Komagata.
- Komagata S, Newton R. (2003). The Effectiveness of Tai Chi on Improving Balance in Older Adults: An Evidence-based Review. Journal of Geriatric Physical Therapy, 26(2):9-16.
- HE 210 Holistic Health Foundations /Holistic Health Past Present and Future (F 04, Sp & F 05)
- HE 310 Holistic Views of Women's Health (Sp 09 & 10)
- HE 330 Health, Humor, and Healing (F 04 & Sp 05)
- ES 335 Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries (F08, 09 & 10)
- HE 340 Eastern Views of Holistic Health (F 05, 09 & Sp 08)
- HE 350 Special Topic: Women's Health (Sp 06 & Sp 07)
- HH 500 Anatomy and Physiology: A Holistic Approach (Sp 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, & 10)
- HH 501 Foundations of Holistic Health (F 04 & 06)
- HH 530 Research Methods (F 05, 06, 07, 08, & 09)
- HH 540 Humor and Healing (F 05)
- HH 570 Holistic Women's Health (F 09)
- HH 599 Project in Holistic Health (F 04 & 06, Sp 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, & 10)
- Wellness promotion through holistic health concepts, holistic views of women's health/wellness
Service to the University:
- Currently I serve as a Program Director of Holistic Health Studies Program and for Web sub committee, Advisory Committee & Program Committee of McAuley Institute of Lifelong Learning (non-credit courses, being a moderator of Exercise Science Club and Women's Esteem Club I have been providing presentations and workshops to various groups (International Culture, Gateway to the Art, etc.) and participate in Health Fairs at GCU
Why I love GCU:
- Serving extremely passionate, motivated, and talented students through our "signature program," Holistic Health Studies program!