Barbara Cordasco, Ed.D.
Raymond Hall 201
Office hours change each semester
- Seton Hall University Ed.D. Administration/Supervision
- Montclair State University
- M.A. Health/Physical Ed
- Kean University B.A. Health/Physical Ed
- Cordasco, B. & DeCapua, L. (Compiled.). (2008). Assessment and Instructional Design for Students with Special Needs. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Merrill/Prentice Hall.
- Kenny, J.P., Cordasco, B., & DeCapua, L. (Eds) (2008). Introduction to Inclusive Education- Supplemental Readings. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
- Engaging Diverse Students in Critical Thinking Using Brain Based Learning Strategies - Exceptional Educator - Newsletter of the New Jersey Council for Exceptional Children FALL EDITION 2007 VOLUME 6 NUMBER 1.
- Coauthored TEAC Brief for Georgian Court University.
- Introduction to Inclusive Education
- Foundations of Inclusive Education
- Instructional Design in the Inclusive Elementary School
- Instructional Design in the Inclusive Secondary School
- Co-teaching/co-planning for Inclusive Education
- Curriculum in the Inclusive elementary School
- Curriculum in the Inclusive Secondary School
- Introduction to Learning Disabilities
- Movement and learning
- Assistive technology in the classroom
Service to the University
- Co-Director, Post Baccalaureate Teacher Certification Accelerated Program
- Created a narrative resource in the public domain and two versions of the Physiology and Hygiene test for students to take to meet the state certification requirements.
- Administer, grade and record scores for the Physiology and Hygiene test.
- Member - Faculty Assembly Executive Board Committee
- Chair of the School of Education Curriculum Committee
- Member of the Athletic Committee
- Member -P-3 SOE Search Committee
- Member of the TEAC committee
- Presenter and representative of the School of Education at open houses
- Created and compiled rubrics for all education courses in the SOE
- "Physical Fitness for Learning – Exercise your Brain". A colloquium presentation sponsored by Student Centered Learning/Teaching and Learning at Georgian Court University.
- "Get Organized!! Graphic Organizers for all Learners". A colloquium presentation sponsored by Student Centered Learning/Teaching and Learning at Georgian Court University.
- "Creating a Collaborative Classroom". An invited workshop presented to Cooperating Teachers at Georgian Court University.
- "So you want to be an Elementary School teacher". An invited workshop presentation for Georgian Court University, Freshman Orientation, Exploring the Possibilities.
- "Accelerate This…Traditional vs Accelerated Education Program". An invited workshop presentation sponsored by Georgian Court University, Scholarship Day.
- "Congratulation – You made it!! An inspirational presentation to new teachers". An invited workshop at Georgian Court University Celebration of Student Teachers.
Why I Love GCU
- G.C.U offers a welcoming setting for all those who step on its campus. I love the fact that students and professors have a genuine opportunity to connect to each other. This connection can foster an amazing learning experience both in and outside the classroom. It has been a joy to participate in that experience and witness the progression of so many highly motivated individuals as they pursue their academic and personal goals. In short Goergian Court University is a family away from home.