Teri Wurmser, PhD, MPH, RN
Hamilton Hall 103
Tuesdays 3 to 5 Wednesday 9:30 to 12 noon; and by appointment
Georgian Court - Meridian Health School of Nursing
- PhD: Adelphi Universi
- MPH: Columbia University
- BSN: Adelphi University
- Nursing Diploma: Kings County Hospital School of Nursing
- National Certification: Nurse Executive Advanced
- Wurmser, T.A. (2010). Obtaining Financial Support Through Grants and Gifts. In M. Boltz, J. Taylor, E. Capezuti, & T. Fulmer (Eds.), NICHE Planning and Implementation Guide. New York: Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing.
- Wurmser, Teri; Bliss-Holtz, Jane; Becker, Franklin; Collins, Kathryn (June, 2009).”Meridian Health and Cornell University team up to study Jersey Shore University Medical Center's Transforming Care project”. HealthCare Design.
- Wurmser, T., Bliss-Holtz, J. and Hedges, C. (November, 2009) “Rethinking Healthcare Education and Training” Nursing Management. 40(11). pp. 11-14.
- Wurmser, T., Hedges, C. (2009, Jan-Mar). A primer for successful grant writing Advanced Critical Care, 26(1).. 102-107.
- Wurmser, T. (2009, February) "The financial case for EBP." Nursing Management. 40(2):12-14,
- Wurmser, T.(March 2008) “Cultivating Practice Education Partnerships”, Nursing Management. 39(3), 44 - 48
- Wurmser, T. (August, 2007) Turn Theory into Reality”. Nursing Management,38(8), 12-14
- Wurmser, T. (2006, June). “Recognizing the clinical nurse: The Meridian Health Clinical Advancement and Recognition of Excellence Program”. Teaching and Learning in Nursing,1(1), 22-26.
- Wurmser, T. (2006, March). “Advance your nursing agenda with philanthropy and grant writing”, Nursing Management,37(3) 35-39.
- Wurmser, T., Bliss-Holtz, J, Torres, S. (2005, January). “Nurses Elevating Nurses: Support and Leadership of the Ann May Center”. Excellence in Nursing Knowledge Online.
- Wurmser, T., Bliss-Holtz, J., Torres, S. (2005, January). “Re-Imagining the Clinical Ladder: The Meridian Health CARE Program”. Excellence in Nursing Knowledge Online
- Wurmser, T., Bliss-Holtz, J., Torres, S. (2005, January). Experimenting After Magnet: Creating and Evaluating Model Evaluating Model of Care Units”. Excellence in Nursing Knowledge Online.
- Foley, R., Wurmser, T. (2004, Summer). Culture Diversity/A Mobile Workforce Command Creative Leadership, New Partnerships and Innovative Approaches to Integration. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 28 (2), 122-228
- Ciuffo, D., Kim, T., Wurmser, T. (2003). “The NICHE program: Meeting the acute care needs of an aging population.” In Nurse Executive Resource Manual, Ciciatelli, J. Ed., Aspen Publications.
- Wurmser, T. (2000). "Dwelling in Possibility: The lived experience of taking and responding to antiretroviral therapy for men with AIDS: A phenomenologic study" (Abstract). In Proceedings from The Sixth Annual Conference of Qualitative Health Research, April 6-8.
- Wurmser, T. (1999). "Dwelling in Possibility: The lived experience of taking and responding positively to antiretroviral therapy for men with AIDS: A phenomenolgic study". Ann Arbor,MI:UMI.
- Wurmser, T. (1997). "A train-the-trainer program for long term care of patients with AIDS". Nursing Spectrum (New York/New Jersey Metro Edition),9A: NJ3, NJ7.
- Wurmser, T. (1995). "A complete turnaround! NJSNA HIV education in LTC success". New Jersey Nurse,25(6) p. 3.
- Wurmser, T. (1995). "Survey cites need for HIV/AIDS education for long term care". New Jersey Nurse,25(2), p. 1-2.
- Wurmser, T. (1994). "New policy on HIV and hepatitis B infected health care workers". New Jersey Nurse,24(4), p. 1-2.
- Wurmser, T. (1993). "Condoms: effective protection against HIV?". New Jersey Nurse,23(6), p. 6.
- Wurmser, T. (1993). "Safety in the workplace: bloodborne pathogen post exposure plan". New Jersey Nurse,23(3), p. 7.
- Wurmser, T. (1993). "Needle exchange project recommended for New Jersey". New Jersey Nurse,23(1), p.5.
- NU 111 Introduction to the Profession of Nursing
- NU 211 Foundations of Professional Nursing
- Nursing Workforce Development
- Evidence Based Design
Service to the University
- Member of the IRRB and the Arts and Science Curriculum Committee