Gainful Employment Disclosure
Holistic health incorporates courses and activities that will enhance the student’s mental, physical, social, and emotional well-being. The development of the total person is the central theme in this program.
When you take the whole-person approach to health and are aware of how you and your environment are interconnected, this is holistic health. Holistic health principles include:
- trusting one’s innate ability to heal,
- focusing on prevention rather than treatment, and
- realizing that the whole is larger than the sum of its parts.
- Undergradate Minor (100% Classroom or Combination of Online & Classroom)
- Undergradate Certificate (100% Classroom or Combination of Online & Classroom)
- Graduate Certificate (100% Online, 100% Classroom or Combination of 2 formats)
- Master of Arts Degree (100% Online or Combination of Online and Classroom)
Georgian Court University is the only regionally accredited university in New Jersey that offers a master’s degree in holistic health studies. Eastern and Western approaches are integrated to create well-balanced courses that teach students to communicate and educate others about health and wellness. Knowledgeable and approachable faculty offer students a mutual learning experience that is not limited to the cognitive level, but also extends to spiritual, mental, and physical wellness. The Eastern concept of chi, one’s life energy, permeates the classroom as students learn to develop self-understanding to heal both themselves and others. GCU Holistic Helath program is an organizational member of the American Holistic Health Association (AHHA) since 2009.
Alumni & Student Research
GCU MA in Holistic Health Studies programs have been emphasizing the importance of our students/alumni to inform others new and exciting findings in the field of Holistic Health by conducting original research. View their published work.
Department of Holistic Health & Exercise Science:
The Holistic Health Program is a part of the Department of Holistic Health & Exercise Science. Learn more about our other programs.
Last Edited by SK on 10/9/12