Access to most library services and resources is restricted to currently enrolled students, staff and faculty. However, Community Borrowers are welcome to visit the library in person to access on-site resources, e.g. books and print journals. Information about the library, its resources and hours of operation can be found at: http://www.georgian.edu/library/index.htm
Becoming a Community Borrower
- Persons 18 years of age and older, who are not current students, faculty, staff, or alumni of Georgian Court University, may have limited borrowing privileges for an annual fee of $100.00 ($50 for MILL members). Annual fees are not refundable.
- Exempt from this fee are Religious Sisters of Mercy not affiliated with Georgian Court University, as well as Catholic clergy, sisters, or deacons living or working within the Trenton Diocese.
- A valid NJ state ID must be presented to apply. Library cards are valid for one year from the date of issue.
Your Obligations as a Community Borrower
- You must present your library card and a valid NJ state ID to borrow materials and are responsible for all materials borrowed on your library card.
- Borrowed materials and library cards should not be loaned to other individuals.
· Books may be renewed once unless requested by another borrower. Books can either be renewed at the Circulation Desk or renewed online. Instructions on how to renew online can be found at http://www.georgian.edu/library/faqs.htm#q10.
· Materials available for use in-library are: reference books, maps, vital history cassettes, special collections, archives, periodicals, newspapers, reserves, microforms, IMC and audiovisual materials.
- Fines are charged for every day the library is open including weekends and university vacation periods, beginning with the date due and excluding the date returned. Fines continue to accrue until an item is either returned or the bill is paid.
- The library reserves the right to suspend borrowing privileges for any patron who has fines or overdue books.
· If an item considered critical to a student’s work is checked out it may be recalled. A recall is a request to “recall” an item from its current borrower. Recalled materials are due within 14 days of notification to the current borrower. Overdue recalled items are fined $1.00 per day.
||Lost Item Charges
|Regular Circulating Books (IMC Excluded)
.10 per day
$ 10.00 max per book
Recent Purchases- Full Price
Plus $5.00 processing fee
|Audio Visual Materials
||In-Library Use ONLY
|Replacement Library Card