“I’ve attended numerous MILL programs over the last three years on a variety of subjects. The professors are well prepared, professional…there is so much to learn. My grandchildren enjoy my debriefing of classes with them, and they think I am cool; whatever that means. I always have breakfast, lunch, or dinner on the day of classes. Interacting with the GCU students or staff makes for a total academic experience.”
Georgian Court University is a leading regional university that provides a transformative education, preparing students for ethical leadership and service in the Catholic Mercy tradition.
Georgian Court University, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, provides comprehensive liberal arts education in the Roman Catholic tradition. The university has a special concern for women and is a dynamic community committed to the core values of respect, integrity, justice, compassion, and service, locally and globally. Georgian Court University provides students with:
- a curriculum broad enough to be truly liberal, yet specialized enough to support further study and future careers;
- an environment for the entire university community to grow through shared educational, cultural, social, and spiritual experiences;
- and the will to translate concern for social justice into action.
Mercy Core Values
The university is committed to the Mercy Core Values of Respect, Integrity, Justice, Compassion, and Service.
- Respect: We reverence the dignity of all persons and all life as gifts of God and strive to promote community in our world.
- Integrity: We believe that fidelity to moral principles, honesty, and sincerity are the basis of trustworthiness in all encounters.
- Justice: We believe ordering of right relationships with all persons and all creation is fundamental to our advocacy for structures that protect the vulnerable.
- Compassion: We embrace the joys and sorrows of others to whom and with whom we minister and are moved to action in solidarity with the human community.
- Service: We joyfully extend our energy and resources on behalf of the poor, sick and uneducated, working to relieve misery and address its causes where possible.
These values are the roots from which Georgian Court University activities, decisions, and behaviors flow.
Learn more about Georgian Court University.