For Immediate Release
Contact: Deborah Gilleran
Swing into Spring with GCU’s Spring Musical Events
Lakewood, N.J., Mar. 13, 2009—Sway your way into a season full of jazz and top brass, as Georgian Court University invites you to join an exceptionally assorted spring program that launches on Sunday, March 15, at 3:00 p.m. with a performance by the GCU String Orchestra in Belmar. Celebrate the season with a series of great performances that promises to satisfy any musical taste.
Spring 2009 Music Schedule
- GCU String Orchestra Performance, Sunday, March 15, 3:00 p.m., First Presbyterian Church of Belmar
- GCU Jazz Band Spring Concert, Saturday, March 21, 2:00 p.m., Ruggiero Room
- GCU Concert Band Spring Concert, Monday, April 6, 7:30 p.m., Casino
- Faculty Recital, Sunday, April 19, 7:00 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Student Recital, Monday, April 27, 7:00 p.m., Marron Chapel
- Karolynn Sparacio ‘09 Senior Recital, Friday, May 1, 7:00 p.m., Mansion
- Chorale Spring Concert, Saturday, May 2, 7:30 p.m., Casino
- Court Singers & GCU Flute Ensemble Spring Concert, Monday, May 4, 7:30 p.m., Marron Chapel
- GCU String Orchestra Spring Concert, Saturday, May 9, 7:30 p.m., Marron Chapel
With exception of the String Orchestra performance at the First Presbyterian Church of Belmar, all musical events take place on the university’s Lakewood campus. Reservations are not necessary, except for performances in the Mansion due to limited seating and for groups. Concerts are $10 per person; $5 per senior citizen or non-GCU student; and free to the GCU community with ID. Recitals, the String Orchestra performance in Belmar, and the Jazz Band Concert are free for all.
For more information or reservations, please call GCU’s Department of Music at 732.987.2624.
Founded in 1908 and sponsored by the Sisters of Mercy, Georgian Court University is a comprehensive university with a strong liberal arts core and a special concern for women. A forward-thinking university that supports diversity and academic excellence, Georgian Court serves over 3,000 students of all faiths and backgrounds in a residential Women's College and a coeducational University College with undergraduate and graduate programs. Georgian Court's main campus is located at 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood, N.J., on the picturesque former George Jay Gould estate, now named a National Historic Landmark. Georgian Court also offers classes at its site at 90 Woodbridge Center Drive in Woodbridge, at Coastal Communiversity in Wall, and at Cumberland County College in Vineland.
# # #