The Georgian Court-Meridian Health School of Nursing
Nurses Lounge is awarding scholarships to BSN Schools as incentive to participate in the Nurses Lounge as a more efficient way to communicate news and information to students, alumni and the broader nursing profession.
The Georgian Court-Meridian Health School of Nursing is a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) program designed to address the nursing shortage in New Jersey and throughout the nation. Designed for first-time, full-time female and male students, the B.S.N. program requires 129 credits for completion; 64 of those credits are nursing courses. The program, designed by doctorally educated nursing professionals, prepares professional nurses who work in collaboration with other members of the health care team to provide holistic, patient-centered care. Through participation in the teaching-learning process, graduates of the program will be able to integrate scientific evidence with the health care needs and values of patients, families, groups, and communities.
The purposes of the program are to prepare students to:
- Enter the profession as novice practitioners of nursing.
- Participate in the advancement of the profession.
- Engage in lifelong learning.
“The Board of Commissioners of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) met on October 4-6, 2012, and, at this meeting, reviewed for accreditation all nursing programs that hosted a Spring 2012 on-site evaluation. We are pleased to share that the Georgian Court – Meridian Health Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program was awarded accreditation by the CCNE through December 31, 2017! The CCNE website at http://apps.aacn.nche.edu/CCNE/reports/accprog.asp shows the program’s current accreditation status.”
The program is also accredited by the New Jersey Board of Nursing, P.O. Box 45010, Newark, NJ, 07101.
The Georgian Court University and Meridian Health Advantage:
- GCU has a strong tradition of preparing students for careers in service, health-related professions, and the sciences.
- High-quality academics are supported by the university’s new Audrey Birish George Science Center, 67,000-square-foot Wellness Center, and fully equipped nursing skills lab in Hamilton Hall.
- Meridian Health is the largest employer in Monmouth and Ocean counties and is one of the region’s premier health services provider.
- Students practice in Meridian Health’s High Technology Simulation Laboratories with a state-of-the-art environment for the practical application of skills in a simulated health care setting.
- Nursing students have clinical experiences across the Meridian Continuum of Care, including acute care hospitals, skilled nursing, home care, and hospice.
Learn more at our Information Sessions. Register today!
Facts & Statistics
By the year 2020, the national demand for nurses will exceed the supply by almost 1,000,000 nurses.
- In New Jersey, employment growth for RNs through 2014 is expected to climb by 26%, with an average of 3,740 job openings annually.
- The number of new nurses in New Jersey would need to triple from the current 2,000 to 6,000 to prevent the predicted nursing shortage in 2020.
- Government analysts project that more than 587,000 new nursing positions will be created through 2016 (a 23.5% increase), making nursing the nation’s top profession in terms of projected job growth.