Employment and Other Information
Early Childhood PreK-3 Programs For Certified Teachers
- Excellent opportunity to expand your career in the growing field of early childhood education
- Focused strategies for developing young children’s language, literacy, and math skills
- Course schedules designed to allow you to complete the program quickly
- Register NOW for the fall 2010 semester in Lakewood or Woodbridge and receive a special tuition grant
As an educator you know that a great deal of emphasis has been placed on expanding the number of high quality early childhood programs in New Jersey and across the country. It’s not surprising. Families need quality childcare and schools need children to enter the elementary grades ready and eager to learn. Research tells us that children who attend programs that use developmentally appropriate practices have positive impact on their readiness for school and on their overall psycho-social and cognitive development.
GCU’s graduate programs in Early Childhood P-3 Education for certified teachers provide the necessary preparation for success in this vital field by focusing their attention on young learners; assuring they acquire necessary content knowledge; coaching them to create effective and developmentally appropriate learning environments; and supporting them as they become early childhood educators and advocates. Two programs are available for Fall 2010:
- A 15-credit graduate program that leads to eligibility for the Early Childhood (P-3) endorsement to a standard NJ instructional certificate.
- A 27-credit graduate program that leads to eligibility for both Early Childhood (P-3) and Teacher of Students with Disabilities (TSWD) endorsements.
The Early Childhood P-3 Graduate Programs offer you:
- Eligibility for Early Childhood P-3 endorsement or P-3 and Teacher of Students with Disabilities endorsements to your NJ instructional certification
- Expansion of career opportunities in a growing area of education
- Opportunities to nurture young children’s cognitive, social, emotional and physical development
- Research-based methods for teaching and learning language and literacy, math, science, and other content subjects
- Opportunities to hone your skill as a reflective practitioner melding theory and practice
- Caring, creative learning environment with faculty committed to excellence in education
Contact the Admissions Office, 732.987.2760 for additional information and to get started in the exciting and growing field of Early Childhood Education. It’s where the jobs are!
For further information, contact:
Office of Admissions
Georgian Court University
900 Lakewood Ave.
Lakewood, NJ 08701
Toll Free: 1.800.458.8422, ext. 2700