Dr. Cassandra Lo
School of Education
- Ed.D – Reading/Writing/Literacy – The University of Pennsylvania
- MA – English Education – Teachers College, Columbia University
- BA – English, Teacher Education Program – College of the Holy Cross
Research / Creativity Interest Area
- Trauma-informed pedagogy
- Relational teaching and learning
- English Language Arts teacher education and professional development
- Personal writing and the college essay
- Critical witnessing and testimonials of trauma
- Multicultural education for social justice and cultural change
- Gross, N., & Lo, C. (2018). Relational teaching and learning after loss: Evidence from Black adolescent Male students and their teachers. School Psychology Quarterly, 33(3), 381-389.
- Lo, C. (2019, April). Silenced voices of loss: Black male students writing and witnessing testimonials of Trauma. Presented at the 2019 American Educational Research Association (AERA) Conference, Toronto, Canada.
- Lo, C. (2018, November). Writing, witnessing, & healing: A community of Black male students Confronting grief and loss. Presented at the 2018 Literacy Research Association (LRA) Annual Conference, Indian Wells, CA.
- Gross, N. & Lo, C. (2018, April). Relational teaching and learning after loss: Evidence from boys of color and their teachers. Presented at the 2018 American Educational Research Association (AERA) Conference, New York, NY.
- Lo, C. (2017, November). Letters to our loved ones: Male students of color writing and witnessing about familial death. Presented at the 2017 Literacy Research Association (LRA) Annual Conference, Tampa, FL.