“Love and laughter are the same in every language. This has been the hardest thing I’ve done thus far, but the most rewarding challenge. Because I didn’t give up and believed in the power of love, I found peace.”
Students will take a 3 week course that includes clinical observation and language classes in Santiago, Chile. Meanwhile, they will be immersed within the Chilean culture and have an opportunity to explore Santiago and enjoy the warm January summer weather.
- Homestay family in Santiago
- Private hospital/clinic visits
- Public hospital/clinic visits
- Rural (Mapuche) clinic visits
Students will compare private, public, and community health care systems in Chile. Students will participate in 21 hours of clinical observation where they will get to observe patient care in private and public clinics. Students will also take a Spanish for Healthcare Practitioners class as part of this 3 credit program. For more information about this course, please refer to the syllabus.
Included in the cost:
- Housing – homestay
- Tuition for 3 credits
- Meal plan (2 meals a day)
- Cultural activities
- International Medical Insurance (IES)
- Access to IES Center Director and Support Staff
Not included in the cost:
- Some meals (1 meal a day not included)