Except where indicated, these databases are searchable from any computer on campus with Internet access. Off-campus access, when available, requires a login using your campus network ID and password and is limited to current students, faculty, and staff of Georgian Court University.
General Databases are list below. For a full listing of our Library Databases check out our Library A-Z Database List.
- Art & Music
- Health/Exercise Science
- Language & Literature
- Social Sciences
- Academic Search Premier: Indexes journals covering the social sciences, humanities, education, computer science, ethnic studies and more. Provides full-text articles.
- American National Biography: This resource offers portraits of more than 19,000 men & women, all eras and walks of life, whose lives have shaped the nation.
- Biography Reference Bank: Contains biographical information on approximately half a million people.
- CQ Researcher (CQ Press): Offers in-depth, non-biased coverage of today’s most important social, economic, political, and environmental issues. Includes a citation generator which creates a citation for use in a works cited list.
- Credo Reference: An online reference book collection and tools on research writing.
- EBSCOhost Web: Use this link to search two or more EBSCO databases simultaneously.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online: Complete text & graphics of the familiar work; also provides access to Merriam- Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary.
- JSTOR: Full-image archival database of scholarly journals.
- Kanopy: Kanopy streaming video service provides access to over 6,000 streaming educational documentaries. Videos can be played directly in Kanopy, embedded into Angel or BBL course shells or on a website. Faculty can also create custom playlists and clips for their classes. The full Kanopy collection is available here.
- OmniFile Full-Text Mega: Abstracts and indexing for over 4,000 periodicals in many subjects.
- Oxford English Dictionary: An historical dictionary of English, showing not only current meanings of words, but also tracing their development over time.
- Proquest Central: The largest multidisciplinary database covering more than 160 subjects areas.
- Sage Premier: Gain access to 570+ peer-reviewed journals comprising over 292,000 articles through this online platform.