The passion underneath it all really drives you forward as a teacher and motivates you to be the best that you can be for your students. Ask any teacher who loves their job: it’s watching that ‘light bulb’ flicking on, the eyes lighting up, and the gears turning in a student’s mind that makes it all worth it.
Georgian Court University recommends and submits certification applications to the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) Office of Licensing and Credentials on behalf of students who have completed all program requirements in our state-approved teacher preparation programs within one year from the date of the student’s program completion. After one year, the student must apply directly to the state.
Below you will find a series of drop down menus to better assist you with the requirements for certification. Follow the links for additional information.
All students who are submitting applications must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required coursework with grades posted and / or degree posted
- Apply for graduation (if applicable)
- GPA requirement met. Students graduating after September 1, 2016 will need to achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.00
- Pass all required basic skills testing (Core) and content area (Praxis II). Copy of passed exam must be submitted to the School of Education (if applicable)
- Successfully met the Physiology and Hygiene (P&H) (if applicable)
- Successfully met the Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying (HIB) requirements Additional information can be found at the website: http://njpsa.org
- All certification packets can be mailed to:
Georgian Court University, 900 Lakewood Avenue, Lakewood NJ 08701; Attn: Joanne Wagner