About This Program
Science is an integral part of decision-making in today’s world, which is why a B.S. in Biochemistry from Georgian Court University is a solid start for a career in research or teaching or a health career such as medicine, dentistry, or pharmacy.
Biochemistry graduates from our university enjoy developing new products and policies for a wide variety of industries. Your opportunities abound for entering medical school or graduate work, teaching at the elementary or secondary school level, or pursuing scientific careers in the private and government sectors.
To earn a B.S. in Biochemistry, you must successfully complete at least 120 credits, including:
- General Education courses
- Chemistry courses (42 credits)
- Other courses (28 credits)
For more information on program requirements, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
- CH113 General Chemistry I (4)
- CH114 General Chemistry II (4)
- CH223 Organic Chemistry I (4)
- CH224 Organic Chemistry II (4)
- CH241 Quantitative Analysis (4)
- CH304 Chemical Literature (2)
- CH311 Biochemistry I (4)
- CH312 Biochemistry II (4)
- CH331 Quantum Chemistry (4)
- CH332 Reaction Dynamics (4)
- CH416 Topics in Chemistry/Biochemistry (3)
- CH420 Chemistry/Biochemistry Seminar (1)
- BI121 Biological Unity: Cellular Organization, Energetics & Function (4)
- BI204 Biological Continuity & Change: Genetics & Evolution (4)
- Choice of courses (pick one):
- BI219 Microbiology (4)
- BI320 Cell Biology (4)
- BI422 Advanced Molecular Genetics (4)
- PH121 General Physics I (4)
- PH122 General Physics II (4)
- MA115 Calculus I (4)
- MA116 Calculus II (4)
Note: CH334, CH301, and/or CH402 are strongly recommended.