About This Program
Break into the world of business with a B.S. in Business Administration from Georgian Court University. You’ll learn about economics, ethics, statistics, financial planning, marketing, management, communications, and law in a practical, hands-on way.
Business administration majors may choose to concentrate further in sports management to prepare for careers in that specialty. Upon graduation, you’ll be fully prepared to thrive in a variety of roles.
To earn a B.S. in Business Administration, you must successfully complete at least 120 credits, including:
- General Education courses
- Accounting, business, and economics courses (54 credits)
- Optional concentration courses (12 credits)
For more information on program requirements, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
- AC171 Principles of Financial Accounting I (3)
- AC172 Principles of Managerial Accounting (3)
- EC181 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- EC182 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- IS224 Computing & Information Systems in Business (3)
- BU121 Quantitative Business Concepts (3)
- BU211 Business Law (3)
- BU213 Management Theory & Organizational Behavior (3)
- BU221 Business Statistics & Probability (3)
- BU241 Principles of Marketing (3)
- BU242 Managerial Communications (3)
- IS320 Management Information Systems (3)
- BU335 Financial Management I (3)
- BU411 Human Resource Management (3)
- BU450 Internship & Career Preparation (1)
- BU451 Internship (2+)
- BU491 Business Strategies & Policy (3)
- Choose from business electives 300+-level AC, BU, EC, or IS (6)
Note: BU121 may be waived if the student has achieved a B or better in MA107, MA109, MA110, or MA115.
Sports Management Concentration:
- BU371 Principles of Sports Management (3)*
- BU373 Sports Marketing (3)
- BU375 The Business of Sports in Society (3)
- BU376 Special Events Management (3)
Note: ES315 Sports in Society can be substituted for any of the courses in the sports management concentration.
*ES325 Wellness Program Management is cross-listed with BU371