Frequently Asked Questions
A maximum of 90 credits from a regionally accredited institution with a limit of 75 credits from a two-year institution
- A minimum of 120 credits is required to earn a degree at GCU; however, some programs may require additional credits for completion.
- For successful degree completion, a student must earn 30 credits and have completed 50% of the major at GCU. Also, 60 credits must be earned at GCU to be eligible for degree honors.
- GCU application with a nonrefundable application fee ($40) or an application fee waiver
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges or universities attended (Students with less than 24 credits must submit official high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores.)
- Official test scores for CLEP, AP exams, or DSST (if applicable)
- Military personnel and veterans may submit official evidence of service school for evaluation.
- Cumulative GPA calculation and grades of C or higher
- Progress chart
- GCU General Education Program requirements are satisfied dependent upon a student’s receipt of an associate’s degree from a New Jersey community college.
- If you have earned an associate’s degree from a New Jersey community college, you will receive a block transfer of credits, based on the degree earned, that partially satisfies GCU General Education Program requirements. The allocation of transferable credits is determined upon prior coursework.
- Without an associate’s degree, credits are individually transferred using our Transfer Table.
- Scholarships are available for new transfer students who are enrolled full time at the GCU Lakewood campus.
- The admission cumulative GPA is based upon all college credits earned by the student at the time of application.
- Students must maintain satisfactory academic status as a full-time student at the Lakewood campus to maintain eligibility.