Esposito, Michelle Marie
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1997
- B.A., University of California Berkeley, 1991
- Associate Professor of Biology (August 2012 – present) GCU
- Assistant Professor of Biology (August 2004-August 2012) GCU
- Mason RW, Bergman CA, Lu G, Holbrook JF, and Sol-Church K. (2004) “Expression and Characterization of Cathepsin P.” Biochemical Journal, 378:657-663.
- Mathews PM, Guerra CB, Jiang Y, Grbovic OM, Kao BH, Schmidt SD, Dinakar R, Mercken M, Hille-Rehfeld A, Rohrer J, Mehta P, Cataldo AM, and Nixon RA. (2002) “Alzheimer’s Disease-Related Overexpression of the Cation-Dependent Mannose 6-phosphate receptor increases Aβ secretion: Role for altered lysosomal hydrolase distribution in β-amyloidogenesis.” Journal of Biological Chemistry, 277:5299-5307.
- Mathews PM, Guerra CB, Jiang Y, Kao BH, Dinakar R, Mercken M, Mehta P, Cataldo AM, and Nixon RA. (2001) “Accelerated Aβ generation in a cell model of Alzheimer’s disease-related endosomal-lysosomal system upregulation,” Alzheimer’s Disease: Advances in Etiology, Pathogenesis, and Therapeutics. Chichester, UK: John Wiley and Sons, Ltd.
- Stang E, Guerra C, Amaya M, Paterson Y, Bakke O, and Mellins E. (1998) “DR/CLIP and DR/peptide complexes colocalize in prelysosomes in human B lymphoblastoid cells,” Journal of Immunology, 160(10):4696-4707.
- Guerra CB, Busch R, Doebele RC, Liu W, Sawada T, Kwok WW, Chang MY, and Mellins ED. (1998) “Novel glycosylation of HLA-DRA disrupts antigen presentation without altering endosomal localization,” Journal of Immunology, 160(9):289-297.
- Simon J, Fouchier R, Southerling T, Guerra C, Grant C, and Malim M. (1997) “The Vif and Gag proteins of human immunodeficiency virus type I colocalize in infected human T cells,” Journal of Virology, 71(7):5259-5267.
- Morris P, Shaman, J, Attaya M, Amaya M, Goodman S, Bergman C, Monaco J, and Mellins E. (1994) “An essential role for HLA-DM in antigen presentation by class II major histocompatibility molecules,” Nature, 368:551-554.
- Introduction to Biology I
- Cell Biology
- Cancer Cell Biology
- Principles of Cell and Molecular Biology
- Advanced Molecular Genetics
- Tissue Culture Biological Literature and Communication for Graduate Students
- Biological Literature (undergraduates)
- Advanced Immunology
- Genetic analysis of the invasive dune grass, Carex kobomugi, to determine mechanism of reproduction with the goal of aiding in proper management strategies (funded by PURE grant)
- “Relationship between Accuplacer scores and success in introductory science courses”