Students can now earn a Master of Science in Communication and Digital Marketing from Georgian Court University. This online degree positions graduates to pursue a wide variety of careers, including director-level positions. The program was approved this week by the New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, and will enroll graduate students beginning in the fall of 2020.
Integrating data-driven decision-making with marketing and communication best practices, the curriculum includes ten 3-credit courses. Classes can be completed online in one year or over two years. Coursework encompasses digital marketing, campaign management, branding, media law, and business analytics, among other topics.
“Today’s marketing and communication professionals must combine creativity, expertise in use of digital technology, and business savvy to be successful. This unique program integrates the fields of communication and business (marketing) to satisfy the requirement that these professionals require to gain understanding of the audience or customers,” says Ashley Elmore, Ph.D., GCU associate professor of business and director of graduate programs in the university’s School of Business & Digital Media.“The curriculum highlights creative process, design, distribution of messages across media, and assessment of results using digital technologies,” she said.
Earning the degree from Georgian Court University’s School of Business and Digital Media gives students access to faculty with expert knowledge and demonstrated experience in the fields of communication and marketing.
“To be honest, every industry can benefit from this degree—any organization that is interested in advancing the strength of its marketing and communication strategy,” says Jennifer Edmonds, Ph.D., dean of the School of Business and Digital Media.
Mission and Objectives
The new online master’s degree in digital communication and marketing provides graduate students with:
- in-depth knowledge and application in the fields of marketing and communication;
- experience using industry best practices to select strategies, evaluate and produce content for digital environments, and utilize data to assess and augment creative campaigns;
- a comprehensive understanding of technology-facilitated communication and marketing;
- the opportunity to complete scholarly research on topics of interest for the capstone course;
- development of sense of values and ethical behavior in the marketplace;
- a curriculum that is broad yet specialized in order to support further study and future careers;
- tools to exemplify the Mercy core values of justice, integrity, respect, compassion, and service and that will set them apart as leaders in their respective professions.
“I am thrilled to offer this new program at Georgian Court University. It gives students a new pathway to further understand today’s business marketing climate while integrating their own creativity and professional strengths,” says Joseph R. Marbach, Ph.D., university president. “This degree will enhance students’ knowledge of integrated marketing, digital communication, and social media analytics.”
For complete program details, contact the GCU Office of Graduate and Continuing Education at 732-987-2770 or ude.naigroeg@spg.