Dear GCU Community:
Welcome to the start of a new year and a new semester at Georgian Court. I look forward to our continued progress as we begin another semester of on-campus, in-person classes and campus operations.
The COVID-19 virus continues to evolve and as such, we must update university policies and guidelines. Testing, masking, and vaccinations are critical to our ongoing efforts to contain the aggressive spread of the virus.
Please pay close attention to additional messages being shared by Provost Janice Warner, and by leaders in student affairs, health services, human resources, and other offices. Updated policies, effective Tuesday, January 18, include requirements for:
- campus-wide usage of NIOSH-approved N95/KN95 or surgical masks. Cloth masks alone are not acceptable. If you are unsure about the kind of masks you have, please double-mask.
- proof of vaccination for all campus visitors, through January 31.
- campus-wide quarantine, isolation, and testing protocols, tied to your individual vaccination status. In addition, over-the-counter, at-home tests will be covered by insurance starting January 15. Consult health services or human resources to determine if these test kits are acceptable for school/work documentation.
- updated vaccination records, including booster shots for eligible individuals. GCU does not currently mandate booster shots, but we are likely to do so for students in the future.
- continued use of the CampusClear app whenever you are on campus.
Also, we are partnering with Walmart to host a vaccine clinic in the Casino on Thursday, February 3, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This is a prime opportunity to get your initial vaccination or booster shot.
The start of a new year is always filled with promise, and I appreciate your ongoing willingness to protect the health and safety of our community.
Joseph R. Marbach, Ph.D.