Dear Members of the Georgian Court Community:
I am pleased to share with the community that there have been no new reported cases of COVID-19 among employees or students this week. As a result, the university will lift the limits on in-person meetings and will return to a mask-optional policy on Monday, June 6, 2022. Students are reminded that under the mask-optional policy, faculty may require masking during class sessions.
Our quarantine guidelines for those who come into close contact to someone with COVID-19:
- Placement in quarantine is driven by vaccination status.
- Fully vaccinated AND boosted = No quarantine, if symptom free
- Fully vaccinated, but not yet eligible for booster = No quarantine, recommendation to test between Days 5 to 7
- Fully vaccinated, and eligible for booster, but haven’t gotten boosted yet = Quarantine for five days—release on Day 6 if asymptomatic
- Medical/religious exemptions (NOT vaccinated at all) = Quarantine for 10 days
- People who have tested positive within the past 90 days = No quarantine.
- If you live with someone that has tested positive, you need to quarantine for 10 days regardless of vaccination status. If you test positive within that 10 days, you can return to work after a minimum of 5 days from your positive result and only if you are symptom free.
Return to Work Update
- You cannot return to work until you are symptom free.
Please note that due to the ever-changing nature of the virus and science, we will continue to communicate changes as they occur.
Joseph R. Marbach, Ph.D.