Living & Dining on Campus
Residence halls will function at no more than 65% occupancy during Fall 2020, and in the event that New Jersey further restricts residence hall capacity, we will limit the number of students residing on campus to those with a clear need for housing.
We are taking many other steps to keep residents healthy and safe. Among them:
- As much as possible, students will be placed in single rooms.
- Visitation will be limited for the duration of the Fall 2020 semester.
- Enhanced cleaning will take place throughout the residence halls.
- Face coverings are required except when inside of an assigned room.
- Lounges and community kitchens will be closed or have limited access.
- Students requiring quarantine (may be sick) or isolation (tested positive) will first be asked to return home. If unable to return home, students will be placed in designated quarantine/isolation rooms.
- There will be food delivery and trash disposal for students in quarantine/isolation.
- Students coming to campus from international locations or from a state designated as a hot zone by the state of New Jersey will need to be placed in quarantine for a period of 14 days.
- There is no additional room or board charge for the 14-day quarantine period.
GCU’s food service provider, Aramark, has a comprehensive plan for food services and dining operations. They are based on state and local regulations as well as guidelines from the National Restaurant Association. Some of the steps Aramark is taking means:
- Floor decals will be placed on the floors of dining locations to ensure social distancing.
- Swipe machines and credit card machines will be repositioned behind barriers to allow students and employees to be able to swipe themselves and to provide for contactless credit card transactions.
- The number of guests at any one time will be limited and monitored to maintain social distancing.
- Dining services employees will be required to wear face coverings and gloves.
- Guests will be required to wear face coverings upon entry into the serving area.
- All former self-serve food stations will become served stations, minimizing any possible cross-contamination of serving utensils. Portion-controlled packaged condiments will be provided.
- Mobile ordering will be instituted to supplement social distancing and further enable contactless meal offerings.
- Tables, chairs, and all common touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized between guests.
- Grab-and-go options will be available to encourage off-site dining.
- A Daily COVID-19 Self-Checklist (health checks) has been established and will be required to be completed by all food service employees and monitored by management.
Safety, Screening & Testing
Instruction & HyFlex
Athletics & Student Services
Living & Dining on Campus
GCU Reopening Plan
Your feedback is critical as we work together to reopen GCU safely and with everyone’s health top of mind. If you have a question or feedback to share, please use this form. It will be shared with us anonymously, unless you tell us how you would like to be contacted for follow-up.