Safety, Screening & Testing
Fewer people will be on the Georgian Court University campus, making it easier to avoid contact between people, maintain cleanliness, and keep adequate supplies available. A few of the things you need to know:
- The HyFlex model of instruction will be used.
- Offices will operate on a reduced schedule, and interactions will be by appointment only.
- Visitors to campus will be screened, strictly limited, and must be preapproved.
- Residence halls are operating at a reduced capacity.
- Face coverings are required, and everyone is required to engage in social distancing as recommended by the CDC and New Jersey Department of Health.
- Students and staff should adhere to any travel advisories and related guidance.
- The university’s partner Aramark is responsible for cleaning all campus buildings, and has a rigorous plan for its cleaning protocols, which meet or exceed CDC sanitation guidelines.
- The university will closely monitor building heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) guidelines and recommendations.
- Staying safe and remaining healthy are shared responsibilities. Reminders of health habits and personal safety will be posted throughout offices, classroom, restrooms, and other spaces.
- COVID-19 safety training will be implemented for students, faculty, and staff.
Screening, Testing, & Contact Tracing Protocols
Students, faculty, and staff returning to campus must conduct symptom monitoring every day prior to arriving at Georgian Court University or any location in which the university conducts classes. And each day that they come to campus, all employees and students will be responsible for completing the screening app, which is available for both mobile or web users.
Also, Georgian Court’s main campus in Lakewood, New Jersey, will have only one entry and exit point at the Main Entrance. All other gateways will be kept closed. Completion of the screening will always be checked for the limited visitors permitted on campus.
To encourage compliance, completion of the screening may be checked upon arrival to campus by safety officers at the Main Entrance.
For students residing on campus, it will be spot-checked by the Office of Residence Life. Outside the gates, managers may spot-check employee clearances.
More about our screening, testing, isolation, and quarantine protocols can be found in GCU’s comprehensive reopening plan.
Safety, Screening & Testing
Instruction & HyFlex
Athletics & Student Services
Living & Dining on Campus
GCU Reopening Plan
Your feedback is critical as we work together to reopen GCU safely and with everyone’s health top of mind. If you have a question or feedback to share, please use this form. It will be shared with us anonymously, unless you tell us how you would like to be contacted for follow-up.