- Ph.D. History (1998): Rutgers University
- M.A. Educational Administration (1990): College of New Jersey
- M.A. History (1985): Florida State University
- B.A. History/Secondary Education (1976): University of Central Florida
- Opposition to War: An Encyclopedia of United States Peace and Antiwar Movements, 2 volumes (ABC-CLIO, 2017), edited by Mitchell K. Hall, with consulting editors Scott H. Bennett, Justus D. Doenecke, & Valarie H. Ziegler
- Antiwar Dissent & Peace Activism in World War I America: A Documentary Reader, co-edited with Charles F. Howlett (Nebraska University Press, 2014)
- Army GI, Pacifist CO: The World War II Letters of Frank and Albert Dietrich, edited with 62 pp. archival-based introduction (Fordham University Press, 2005)
- Radical Pacifism: The War Resisters League and Gandhian Nonviolence in America, 1915-1963 (Syracuse University Press, 2003)
Current Book Projects
- “Igal Roodenko: Conscientious Objector and Nonviolent Activist from the ‘Good War’ through the Cold War” (in final stages)
- “Radical Pacifist and Democratic Socialist: David McReynolds and Cold War Dissent”
- “World Class: American Teachers and International Schools—An Oral History”
Chapters, Articles & Reviews (select)
- “Shell Shock in Context: A Conversation with Harriet Hyman Alonso and Adam Hochschild.” In Peace & Change 41 (January 2016): 87-105.
- “Conscience, Comrades, & the Cold War: The Korean War Draft Resistance Cases of Socialist Pacifists David McReynolds and Vern Davidson.” In Peace & Change 38 (January 2013): 83-120.
- “American Pacifism, the ‘Greatest Generation,’ and World War II.” Chapter in Kurt Piehler & Sidney Pash, ed., The United States and the Second World War: New Perspectives on Diplomacy, War, and the Homefront (Fordham University Press, 2010), pp. 259-92.
- “‘Free American Political Prisoners’: Pacifist Activism and Civil Liberties, 1945-1948.” In Journal of Peace Research 40 (July 2003): 413-433.
- “Workers/Draftees of the World Unite! Carlos A. Cortez Redcloud Koyokuikatl: Soapbox Rebel, WWII CO, & IWW Artist/Bard.” In Victor Sorell, ed., Carlos A. Cortez Koyokuikatl: Soapbox Rebel & Artist (Chicago: Mexican Fine Arts Center Museum, 2002), pp. 12-56.
- “Radical Pacifism and the General Strike Against War: Jessie Wallace Hughan, the Founding of the War Resisters League, and the Socialist Origins of Secular Radical Pacifism in America.” In Peace & Change 26 (July 2001): 352-373.
- “Socialist Pacifism and Nonviolent Social Revolution: The War Resisters League and the Spanish Civil War, 1936-1939.” In Peace & Change 25 (January 2000): 102-128.
- Delivered nearly 4-dozen scholarly & public presentations.
- Authored nearly 2-dozen scholarly book chapters, articles, and reviews.
- U.S. History Survey I & II
- American Revolution
- Civil War & Reconstruction
- Roosevelt to Roosevelt: U.S. Politics & Society, 1890s-1945
- America Since 1945
- Rebels, Radicals & Reformers in U.S. History
- America and the World: U.S Foreign Relations Since 1898
- Vietnam & America
- U.S. & 9/11 Wars & Era
- Gandhi & King: Global Nonviolent Activism
- Europe Since 1914
- Historian’s Craft
- History Seminar
- Antiwar Dissent & Peace Activism; Pacifism & Nonviolence; American Radicalism
- Virginia Graham ’31 Award for Teaching Excellence (2017)
- Fulbright Award. (Senior Professorship in American Culture, Leiden University, The Netherlands, Spring 2014)
Service to the University:
- Chair, Department of History, Geography, & Political Science
- Chair, Rank and Tenure Committee
- Executive Committee of the Faculty Assembly
- Faculty Concerns Committee
- Sabbatical Committee
- Editorial Board, Georgian Court Magazine
- Numerous other committees
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)