Kelly, Karen J.
- NJ Certified School Psychologist Ph.D. & M.A., Bowling Green State University B.A., Montclair State University
- MA in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Brown, T. J., & Cark, C. (2017). Employed Parents of Children with Disabilities and Work Family Life Balance: A Literature Review. Child & Youth Care Forum, 46 (6), 857-876.
- Garbacz, S. A., Fefer, S., & Brown, T. J. (2015). Updates from the School, Family, and Community Partnering Interest Group, Communique, 44, 38.
- Brown, T. J. (2015). Review of Stimpson & Heard’s Critical Terms for the Study of Gender. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 39, 415-416.
- Sumner, K. E., & Brown, T. J. (2015). Human Resource Management and Neurodiversity: A Consideration of Employer Challenges for Applicants with Learning Disabilities. The Psychologist Manager Journal, 18 (2) 105-119.
- Ponton, R., Brown, T. J., McDonnell, B., Clark, C., Pepe, J., & Deykerhoff, M. (2014). Vocational Perception: A Mixed Method Investigation of Calling, The Psychologist Manager Journal, 17 (3), 184-204.
- Brown, T. J. (2014), Work Family Conflict among Parents of Atypically Developing Children: Exploring the Impact of Worker, Work, and Child Characteristics. Journal of Child and Family Studies, 23 (5), 854-862.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2013). Balancing Work and Family: Implications for School Psychologists. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 43 (9), 1771-1776.
- Brown, T. J. (2011). A Required Course in Gender Studies. Psychology of Women Quarterly, 35 (1), 162-164.
- Sumner, K. E., Brown, T. J., & Ravosovich, D. (2009). Antecedents and Consequences of Workplace Aggression: Gaining Insight from Interview of Targeted Employees. International Journal of Business Research, 9 (1), 665-673.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2007). An Examination of Initiators, Targets, Reactions, Organizational Contexts. Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E. (2006). Dual Career Couples in Academia. Proceedings of the annual meeting of the Eastern Academy of Management.
- Brown, T. J., & Sumner, K. E., (2006). Perceptions and Punishments of Workplace Aggression: Toward an Understanding of Content, Context, and Perceiver Variables. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 36, 2509-2531.
- Brown, T. J., Ferrara, K., & Schley, N. (2002). The Relationship of Pregnancy Status to Job Satisfaction: An Exploratory Analysis. Journal of Business and Psychology, 17, 135-158.
- Brown, T. J., Sumner, K. E., & Nocera, R. (2002). Understanding Sexual Aggression against Women: An Examination of the Role of Men’s Athletic Participation and Related Variables. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 17, 937-952.
- Brown, T.J., & Allgeier, E.R. (1996). The Impact of Participant Characteristics, Perceived Motive, and Participant Job Behaviors on Co-Workers’ Evaluations of Workplace Romances. The Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 26, 577-595.
- Sumner, K. E., & Brown, T. J. (1996). Men, Women, and Money: Exploring the Role of Gender, Gender-Linkage of College Major, and Career Information Source in Salary Expectations. Sex Roles, 34, 823-839.
- Brown, T.J., & Allgeier, E.R. (1995). Managers’ Perceptions of Workplace Romances: An Interview Study. The Journal of Business and Psychology, 10, 169-176.
- Thirteen invited books reviews and book chapter.
- Graduate and undergraduate classes in Statistics/Research Methods
- Developmental Psychology
- School Psychology
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Career Psychology
- Gender Studies
- PS111: Introduction to Psychology
- PS114: Issues in Psychology
- PS221: Child Development
- PS223: Abnormal Psychology
- PS240: Social Psychology
- PS270: Personality Psychology
- PS315: Introduction to Careers in Psychology
- PS330: I/O Psychology
- PS345: Women & Work
- PS410: Applied Statistics & Research Methods
- PS430: Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
- PS431: Experimental Psychology
- PS435: Introduction to Applied Behavior Analysis I
- PS440: Supervised Research in Psychology
- PS455: Senior Seminar
- PS460: Research in Psychology I, II, & III
- WS311: Shaping Lives: Women & Gender
- FY201: Transfer Seminar
- ABA510: Behavior Assessment
- ABA511: Behavior Interventions
- ABA512: Advanced Behavior Interventions
- CPS5500: Vocational Psychology & Career Development
- SPS5401: Seminar in Child & Adolescent Development
- SPS5405: Counseling with Children & Adolescents
- PS501: Advanced Statistics & Research Methodology
- PS599: Thesis
- Research interests including work life balance among parents of typically developing children and children with disabilities, professional issues in School Psychology and Applied Behavior Analysis, and the transition process to postsecondary education for student with disabilities.
Service to the University:
- Academic Year 2017-2018: Member, Salary & Benefits Committee; Chairperson, Faculty Concerns Committee, Research Fellow.
Why I Love GCU:
- GCU is a special place where members of the GCU community care about one another.