Reporting to the Vice President for Finance and Administration, the office of Finance is responsible for the financial accounting and reporting functions. We provide and maintain the official accounting records and related systems of internal control in accordance with accounting principles and standards set by the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB), the requirements of federal and state governmental agencies, and external funding sources.
Some of our major responsibilities include the following:
- Preparing the University’s consolidated financial statements and notes;
- Accounting for the University’s endowment and other investments;
- Accounting and reporting for the University’s long-term debt;
- Accounting for the capitalization and depreciation of University assets;
- Conducting the monthly and annual general ledger closing processes.
One of our major responsibilities is offering guidance and advice to University personnel charged with financial management and control. We continuously strive to improve the customer service we provide and encourage you to contact us with feedback and suggestions.