ATHLETICS AND CAMPUS RECREATION
PUT YOUR ATHLETICISM TO THE TEST.
JOIN AN NCAA DIVISION II SPORTS TEAM OR PURSUE MIND-BODY HEALTH.
RECREATION FOR EVERYBODY
Here are some of the ways you can get fit and have fun:
- Join the Georgian Court University Lions and participate in one of 15 NCAA Division II sports, or try intramural/club sports.
- Use the fitness and dance facilities at the Wellness Center.
- Visit the best recreation hotspots in and around campus, such as the bowling alley in The Casino.
- Get involved in student activities, including 40+ clubs and organizations, community service projects, and student leadership programs.
- Explore Lakewood, New Jersey; the Jersey Shore; and nearby cities.
THE GCU ATHLETICS PROGRAM PROVIDES EACH STUDENT-ATHLETE WITH A COMPETITIVE INTERCOLLEGIATE EXPERIENCE THAT EXEMPLIFIES SPORTSMANSHIP, ETHICS, AND TEAMWORK.
GEORGIAN COURT WELLNESS CENTER
The Wellness Center is equipped with modern athletic and recreational facilities, including:
- An arena with 1,200 seats (aka the “Well”)
- Professional-quality dance studios
- A fitness center with weight machines, treadmills, medicine and bosu balls, and more
- An exercise science lab
- A garden featuring 60 types of plants
DONE WITH CLASS?
FIND REST AND RECREATION ACROSS CAMPUS.
If you’re a student-athlete, play intramural sports, or enjoy tennis or running, you’ll want to check out the Athletic Complex. It has two soccer fields, two softball fields, six tennis courts, and an eight-lane track surrounding a turf field with throwing areas.
You won’t find any gambling here, but there’s plenty of entertainment! Play court tennis, go bowling, or take a swim in the 45-foot indoor marble pool. The Lion’s Den lounge also has comfy seats, table tennis, pool, and large screen TVs.
With its impressive Georgian architecture and Gilded Age décor, the Mansion is a must-see for any student. You might find yourself in the Great Hall for celebrations, special events, or ceremonies held by our student clubs and organizations.
ANNUAL WELLNESS EXPO
The Department of Integrative Health and Exercise Science holds the Annual Wellness Expo to help students, faculty, and staff unwind. Try acupuncture, yoga, meditation, and other kinds of wellness workshops at this free, all-day event.
LAKEWOOD, NEW JERSEY
Take your adventures off campus. We’re close to the sea, so you can soak up the sun along the Jersey Shore. Explore Lakewood’s historic downtown and catch a movie or concert at the Strand Theater. Or plan a night of good food and fun with local restaurants, parks, baseball and more.
PHILLY AND NEW YORK
Up for a road trip? Philadelphia and New York make the perfect destinations for a weekend getaway in the big city. Take a break from studying to go to concerts, sports events, museums, parks, and the hottest new restaurants.