First-Year Merit Awards
Incoming first-year students are eligible for merit-based awards based on their GPA. In Fall 2021, we awarded up to $19,000 to students showing academic excellence.
|GPA Range||Amount||Name of Award|
|<2.50||up to $8,000||GCU Award|
Transfer Merit Awards
Transfer students also receive a range of institutional awards.
|GPA Range||Amount||Name of Award|
Scholarships for Nursing Students — And How to Win Them — Yes, there are other scholarship lists. But we’ve found that most of them are scraped off the Internet without checking for accuracy or whether the scholarships are still available. So in order to provide the best list for our own CNA graduates, we compiled and reviewed our own list. We check these scholarships and search for more 2x per year to make sure our list is always useful for any student using it to search for and apply to scholarships. https://www.premiernursingacademy.org/resources/scholarships-nurses
The Nursing Student’s Guide to Debt-Free Education — Free education might be a-buzz in the news, but we’re not there yet. There are ways, however, to finish college debt-free. This guide walks through various scholarship and grant opportunities, tuition reimbursement and loan forgiveness programs, plus other tips for saving on other costs, like supplies and books. https://www.premiernursingacademy.org/resources/debt-free-education
We’ve listed some external scholarships you may be interested in. Please check the links for up-to-date information and deadline details.
- American Addiction Centers’ Behavioral Health Academic Scholarship: This scholarship is open to high school graduates, current full- or part-time undergraduate students, and graduate students entering or enrolled in behavioral health, nursing, counseling, psychology, social work, marriage/family therapy, or other program focusing on treating mental health and/or substance abuse issues. Must be a U.S. citizen.
- American Association of the University Women (AAUW) Barnegat Light Area Continuing Education Scholarship: The Barnegat Light Area Branch offers an annual financial scholarship of $1,000 to a woman resident of the branch area, which extends from Forked River to New Gretna. The applicant must be age 25 or older and want to commence or continue her college education in an associate, bachelor, or graduate degree program. For applications, contact Mrs. Jeri Riffle at 609-698-5448.
- AAUW (Barnegat Branch): The AAUW Barnegat Branch awards a $500 academic scholarship.
- AAUW Scholarship for Women (Freehold Branch): The Freehold Branch of the AAUW will award $2,000 scholarships, the Lew Williams Scholarship, and the Leila Sulkes Scholarship.
- AAUW (Medford Branch): The AAUW Medford Branch Scholarship Committee awards a $1,000 annual scholarship for a nontraditional female college student in May.
- AAUW (Northern Ocean County Branch): The AAUW Northern Ocean County Branch awards a $1,000 academic scholarship.
- The AICPA Legacy Scholars program: This scholarship offers opportunities like no other for accounting students. In addition to funds for college, this program also provides aspiring CPAs opportunities to develop the soft skills today’s employers are craving. Scholarships range from $1,000-$10,000* and are available for a variety of students who plan on pursuing CPA licensure.
- Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society for Adult Learners Scholarships: Alpha Sigma Lambda awards scholarships to assist adult learners financially while earning an undergraduate degree. (application form)
- Belluck & Fox, LLP: They are hosting their third $10,000 annual scholarship essay contest. (10) different award amounts are granted to deserving students throughout the U.S. The purpose of the scholarship is to assist with educational efforts, as well as raise awareness for Mesothelioma, and its effects.
- BigSun Scholarship: The BigSun Organization offers an annual $500 scholarship to a deserving student. All student-athletes are eligible for this award, regardless of which sport in which they are participating.
- Brick Chamber of Commerce Educational Foundation offers about 20 scholarships per year between $500 and $5,000 each. Some scholarships are directed to students in specific courses of study and the remaining scholarships are general. Scholarships are awarded to students as well as graduating high school seniors.
- Business & Professional Women of South Ocean County Scholarship: Each year, scholarships are given to female applicants age 25 or older who have permanent residency in Southern Ocean County and are going back to school to make career changes.
- Capital One Bank Scholarship: The “Reach for the Stars” Scholarship represents Capital One Bank’s commitment to helping students with a financial need reach their academic goals.
- Chicago Injury Center’s Disabled Veterans Scholarship: Chicago Injury Center (CIC) is proud to offer $1,000, $500, and $250 scholarships to disabled veterans enrolled in community college, undergraduate, or graduate courses of study.
- Community Foundation of New Jersey: Frank Mongelli Jr. Scholarship
- Cornaro Scholarship: The Kappa Gamma Pi Cornaro Scholarship for Graduate Studies is now available for consideration by qualified Kappa Gamma Pi members. This gives members of Kappa Gamma Pi the opportunity to advance their academic and professional careers with a $5,000 scholarship to use toward a graduate or professional program.
- The County Prosecutors Association of the State of New Jersey, Inc., Scholarships: The County Prosecutors Association of the State of New Jersey announces the availability of the Harris Y. Cotton; Andrew K. Ruotolo, Jr.; John H. Stamler; and Oscar W. Rittenhouse Memorial Scholarships. These scholarships go to law students, college students, and graduate students.
- Eastern Monmouth Area Chamber of Commerce (EMACC) Education Foundation is awarding scholarships in the amount of $2,000 each to non-traditional students in two categories: 1) students at least 25 years old and returning to school and 2) college students entering their junior or senior year and/or has completed 60 credits.
- Executive Women Of New Jersey: Graduate Merit Award Program scholarship to assistance non-traditional graduate school students attending New Jersey colleges and universities. EWNJ funds exceptional women’s scholarships to ensure new generations of women leaders.
- The Finch College Alumnae Association Foundation Scholarships: Transfer scholarships are offered to women age 22 and over, currently graduating from a community college in New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut.
- Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce Foundation: The Greater Toms River Chamber of Commerce Foundation, a 501(c)(3), is driven by a single goal – to do our part in providing educational scholarships for students in our community.
- GreenPal Business Scholarship: This $2,000 scholarship is for students who run a small business while attending college or have a small business idea to start during college.
- Governor’s STEM Scholars Program: The Governor’s STEM Scholars Program is now accepting applications. The program is a public-private partnership for students interested in STEM from grades 10 through the Ph.D level. The Governor’s STEM Scholars Program gives its participants a comprehensive introduction to the state’s STEM economy through a series of conferences, field trips, internships, and a research project. It is an initiative of the Research & Development Council of New Jersey, the Governor’s Office, the New Jersey Department of Education, and the Office of the Secretary of Higher Education.
- HESAA: HESAA helps eligible students obtain state-funded grants like NJ TAG and scholarships like NJ STARS.
- New Jersey World Trade Center Scholarship: The New Jersey World Trade Center Scholarship has been established to aid the dependent children and surviving spouses of New Jersey residents who were killed in the terrorist attacks against the United States on September 11, 2001, or who died as a result of injuries received in the attacks, or who are missing and officially presumed dead as a direct result of the attacks. Qualifying individuals will receive up to $6,500 per academic year, not to exceed the actual tuition, fees, and room and board charged. Scholarships will apply to both in-state and out-of-state institutions.
- The Independent College Fund of New Jersey (ICFNJ): The following scholarships are available; due dates vary by program.
- Johnson & Johnson Discover Nursing Scholarship
- BD Scholarship for Students Pursing Careers in Healthcare
- PNC – Barry Gillman Humanitarian Scholarship
- PSEG Scholarship for Advancing STEM Majors
- Novartis Science Scholarship
- CohnReznick Accounting Scholarship
- Celgene’s Sol J. Barer Scholarship for Life Sciences
- BD/C.R. Bard Foundation Nursing Scholarship
- Novo Nordisk Scholars Program
- Kings Super Markets, Inc. Independent College Fund Scholarship (for Kings Super Markets associates and their children)
- The Leon Bradley Scholarship Program: The Leon Bradley Scholarship Program is established to encourage more minorities or persons of color to enter the field to teaching and school leadership.
- Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Scholarship: This program benefits dependent children of New Jersey law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty.
- Manasquan River Marlin & Tuna Club, Inc.—George Burlew Scholarship Grant: This scholarship goes to students interested in pursuing marine-related studies with full- or part-time student status. Contact: Manasquan River Marlin and Tuna Club Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 0251, Manasquan, NJ 08736, Attn: Mr. Gerard Aliseo.
- Max McElhaney Memorial Educational Scholarship: This private scholarship, in honor of Max McElhaney, who was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2014, awards $2,500 to an undergraduate student, enrolled in a four-year program at a public or private college or university, with a major in either history or education.
- National Association of Water Companies–New Jersey Chapter: The New Jersey Chapter of the National Association of Water Companies is offering two $2,500 scholarships to high school students who will be attending a New Jersey college or university and are interested in the water utility industry or any related field.
- The NJCPA Scholarship Fund: The NJCPA Scholarship Fund offers scholarships in the amount of $6,000 each to accounting students at New Jersey colleges currently in their junior year or seniors who will be entering an accounting-related graduate program.
- Nordson BUILDS Scholarship Program: The above scholarships are targeted at students whose permanent residence, college, or university is located near a Nordson facility. GCU students may be eligible to apply. On Web site, use the password: BUILDS2015.
- OceanFirst Bank: Since its founding in 1902, OceanFirst Bank has built a legacy as a good neighbor and responsible corporate citizen. The Bank’s strong commitment to helping families, schools, organizations and communities throughout central and southern New Jersey has spanned generations reaching new heights in 1996 with the creation of OceanFirst Foundation.
- Polish University Club of New Jersey: The Polish University Club of New Jersey grants a limited number of scholarships to deserving students in need of financial assistance for their undergraduate studies.
- The Sallie May $20,000 Bridging the Dream Scholarship for Graduate Students: We’re excited to announce our graduate scholarship program is back! Between January 4, 2019, at 12 p.m. ET, and February 15, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET, we’re accepting applications from future and current graduate students for a $20,000 Bridging the Dream Scholarship for Graduate Students. Four inspiring students will be awarded $20,000 each for their graduate or professional degree.
- Service Steel Warehouse: Service Steel Warehouse believes supporting the next generation of engineers, architects, and builders is vital to seeing the metals industry continue to grow and thrive.
- Soroptimist International of Toms River Georgian Court University Award for Graduate Female Students: Soroptimist International is an organization for business and professional women who work to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Local clubs annually recognize individuals and organizations who exemplify this mission.
- Summit Medical Group Foundation: The SMGF Next Generation Scholarship is awarded to students pursuing an undergraduate, graduate, or technical degree in a health care-related field . Scholarships range from $500 to $5,000.
- Survivor Tuition Benefits/ Law Enforcement Officer Memorial Scholarship: This scholarship assists dependent children and surviving spouses of New Jersey firefighters, emergency workers, and law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty. Program participation is limited to renewal students.
- The Woman’s Club of Spring Lake, Inc.: This program is open to female residents of Monmouth County who have had an interruption in their education, are now seeking an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree, and are currently enrolled or newly registered at an accredited two- or four-year institution.
- Wood Studies Scholarship: The National Wood Flooring Association Education & Research Foundation Wood Studies Scholarship is designed to promote the post-secondary study of forestry and related forestry sciences.
There are a lot of scholarship opportunities available for study abroad. See below to find the scholarships that match your program and needs. Please note that scholarship applications may have early deadlines. Start your study abroad application early so you can meet these deadlines!
- API Scholarship – If you are applying to an API program, please find information on the API scholarship page.
- ISA Scholarship – If you are applying to an ISA program, please find information on the ISA scholarship page.
- GILMAN Scholarship – If you are receiving a Federal Pell Grant, you are eligible to apply for a Gilman scholarship up to $5,000. Learn more about eligibility and application requirements and deadlines.
- Study Abroad Scholarships – There are also 150+ additional study abroad scholarships!