Benefits for Veterans
Benefits for Students
Upon admittance to GCU, request enrollment for these benefits through our office. The U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs will determine your eligibility.
Renewing Benefits and Reporting Attendance
If you are receiving benefits for veterans from the GI Bill for Active Duty or Selected Reserve, or are receiving REAP benefits, you must verify your attendance at GCU each month.
Reporting Enrollment Changes to the VA
Using the GI Bill®
After being admitted to GCU and requesting enrollment certification through the Office of Financial Aid, you’ll go through the following process to use this benefit:
- Complete the 22-1990 to establish your eligibility for education benefits. A processed application generates a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the VA, which is an official letter outlining your entitlement. The Office of Financial Aid will require a copy of your COE and a copy of your DD214 (Member-4) reflecting honorable discharge.
- Once you have registered/enrolled in classes, submit the following forms to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Enrollment Certification Request
- Copy of Degree Audit Sheet/Academic Plan and Transcript Evaluation Sheet
- You will receive an e-mailed receipt and confirmation from the VA. All e-mail notifications will be sent to your GCU e-mail address.
- To complete this process online, click here or call 1-877-823-2378.