Succeed at Georgian Court University—and beyond—with the TRIO-Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) program. This federally funded program provides a variety of services to foster your academic achievement and personal success, which corresponds with the university’s mission and Mercy core values. The program is a result of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
More than 200,000 students are being served by 1,069 TRIO-Student Support Services programs at colleges and universities nationwide. You have an opportunity to be one of the 160 students in GCU’s program.
Services are free to program participants, thanks to a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and support from GCU. The program requires as much time as you’re willing to put in—generally, the more the better. We make every effort to make things flexible for you, so it fits into your schedule.
Along with a healthy dose of encouragement, we also provide the following resources:
- basic skills instruction
- academic and graduate school counseling
- financial literacy training
- study skills workshops
- computer lab
- advocacy, mentoring, coaching, and support
- limited financial assistance for Federal Pell Grant-eligible students with documented need
Our goals are to:
- increase the number of eligible students who successfully complete a program of study at the postsecondary level;
- provide support services that will increase retention and graduation rates;
- foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of students; and
- improve financial and economic literacy.