Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
Consumer Information in Compliance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA)
In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act (Public Law 110-315) (HEOA), Georgian Court University presents the following consumer information. The law requires GCU to meet numerous federal reporting and disclosure requirements. It was enacted on August 14, 2008, reauthorizing the Higher Education Act of 1965.
The following includes links to references, reports, and additional details. If you need further information, please contact Dr. Michael Gross, associate provost for academic program development, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Institutional Information
- Privacy of Student Records – Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities , Disability Services at GCU (GCU webpage)
- Student Diversity (from College Navigator) (click on Enrollment). Also: Among students enrolling as freshmen in fall 2020 who listed race/ethnicity, 47% were White, 20% Black, and 24% Hispanic. 53% identified as Roman Catholic and 11% as Protestant.
- Price of Attendance (GCU Student Accounts webpage) (see also College Navigator) (click on Tuition)
- Net Price Calculator (GCU webpage)
- Refund Policy and Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid: Undergraduate Financial Aid. Undergraduate Withdrawal. Graduate Financial Aid. Graduate Withdrawal.
- Textbook Information (Course Schedule and Catalog webpage, click on View or Print All course sections/BookLook Info)
- Educational Programs (GCU Academics webpage)
- Instructional Facilities
- Transfer of Credit, Credit for Prior Learning, and Articulation Agreements: Undergraduate, Graduate. (there are no graduate articulation agreements)
- Accreditation and Approval of Institution and Programs (Accreditations, or Accreditation Listing in Latest Catalog. State of New Jersey Licensure of Institution and Approved Program Offerings ( State of New Jersey Office of Secretary of Higher Education NJ Colleges and Universities listing by sector)
- Copyright Infringement — Policies and Sanctions (page 6 in Student Handbook, page 27 in Student Handbook, and GCU Copyright Policy InfoGuide webpage)
- Computer Use and File Sharing (IT Department’s Acceptable Use Policy GCU IT webpage, plus Academic Honesty Policy, Student Conduct on page 10 in Student Handbook)
- Student Activities (GCU Student Life webpage)
- Career and Job Placement Services (GCU Career Services webpage)
- Gainful Employment Disclosure Information (GCU Gainful Employment webpage)
- States Where Curriculum Meets Educational Requirements for Professional Licensure or Certification
- Authorization to Operate in Other States: Effective February 2017, GCU became a member of NC-SARA, which means that GCU is authorized to offer its current distance education programs in states that are members of NC-SARA. The only state not in NC-SARA is California. GCU is exempt from California’s authorization requirements for the types of distance education GCU offers.
Student Financial Assistance
- Assistance from Federal, State, Local, and Institutional Programs: Undergraduate, Graduate.
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations (page 44 in Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Report)
- Student Loan Information (in Undergraduate Catalog or in Graduate Catalog; or, GCU Student Loans webpage)
- Statement on Use of Financial Aid for Study Abroad
Complaints: For complaints regarding FERPA, Student Conduct, Title IX, or for concerns / grievances / complaints about other matters:
Please refer to: Procedures for Student Grievances or Complaints. Also relevant: FERPA, Student Conduct (page 6 (including section on appeals) of Student Handbook), or Title IX (Title IX webpage). Students who have other concerns/grievances should follow the processes outlined on page 36 of the Student Handbook.
Complaints: Attempts to resolve complaints should always occur first using processes internal to GCU (see links above). For complaints about GCU that cannot be resolved by following the processes described through the above links, or for which those processes are not appropriate, contact:
- State of New Jersey, Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, P.O. Box 542, Trenton, NJ 08625-0542 or visit www.state.nj.us/highereducation/OSCHEComplaintInstructions.shtml
- GCU’s institutional accreditor, The Middle States Commission on Higher Education 3624 Market Street, 2nd Floor West, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Call 267-284-5000 or visit http://www.msche.org/
- For students taking GCU distance education courses in states other than New Jersey: After first attempting to resolve a complaint through GCU’s internal processes, non-California students should file their complaints with the SARA State Portal Entity for New Jersey: Eric Taylor, Esq. Director, Office of Licensure, New Jersey Office of the Secretary of Higher Education, P.O. Box 542, Trenton, NJ 08625-542. 609.984.3738. email@example.com . Because California is not a member of SARA, California students should contact Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education http://www.bppe.ca.gov/enforcement/complaint.shtml, or https://oag.ca.gov/contact/consumer-complaint-against-business-or-company (Additional resource: Click here for a link of contacts for filing complaints for all states).
Teacher Preparation Program Report (Licensure Pass Rate Last Three Years)
Nursing Preparation Program Report (Licensure Pass Rate Last Three Years)
- NJ Board of Nursing List of NCLEX-RN Pass Rates by Quarter and by Institution (it is recommended that you view the entire year report (select quarter 4 for a given year and look at yearly total))
Health and Safety
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (page 40 in Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Report)
- Vaccination Policies (GCU Health Services webpage)
- Campus Security Policies, Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Reports, Crime Statistics and Crime Log (Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Report)
- Fire Safety Policies, Fire Statistics and Fire Log (page 78 in Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Report)
- Sexual Assault Policy (page 18 in Campus Safety Brochure/Annual Security Report)
- Emergency Operations Plan (GCU Emergency Operations Procedures)
- Retention Rates, Graduation Rates, Transfer Out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act) (Multi-year data through Fall 2021). Retention Rates, Graduation Rates, Transfer Out Rates (Student Right-to-Know Act) (from College Navigator Site)
- Retention Rates, Graduation Rates for Students Receiving Athletically Related Student Aid (Student Right-to-Know Act) (select Georgian Court University for School, Overall for Sport, NJ for State, Conference and Year as all or choose year of interest). FGR is Freshman-Cohort Graduation Rate. ASR is Academic Success Rate.
- Job and Graduate School Placement Rates for May 2017 Undergraduate and Graduate Graduates (9 month postgraduation survey)
- Job, Salary, and Graduate School Information for Class of 2018 Undergraduate and Graduate Graduates (surveyed between Apr 2018 and Jun 2019)
- Job, Salary, and Graduate School Information for Class of 2019 Undergraduate and Graduate Graduates (surveyed between Apr 2019 and Jun 2020)
- Student Learning Assessment Plans and Reports, for the institution and by program
Equity in Athletics Disclosure Act
- Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates and Financial Support Data (type Georgian Court University in the name box)
Voter Registration Forms
Georgian Court University
900 Lakewood Avenue
Lakewood, New Jersey 08701
Graduate & Professional Studies