Georgian Court University has evaluated select courses in participating high schools and has approved the faculty, syllabi, and textbooks for college credit. The classes are offered at a reduced rate to high school juniors and seniors, who must apply to the program. Students who wish to attend the university upon high school graduation have to complete a standard application for admissions. Upon completing a Course Ahead course(s), students can request a transcript to be sent to another institution.
This program delivers on-site coursework through a partnership between Georgian Court and the high school. Experienced high school teachers who have a Master’s degree in the content area and hold adjunct faculty status at GCU teach the classes; GCU professors act as liaisons.
Courses are presently offered at the following area high schools:
- Academy of Allied Health and Science
- Donovan Catholic High School
- High Technology High School
- Hunterdon Counties Academies
- Manasquan High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- St. John Vianney High School
Take the Next Step
Please follow the instructions below to complete the online application:
- Go to https://connect.georgian.edu/apply/
- Please create an account as a First-time user
- Select the Non-Matriculating 2019 Application
- Complete the entire application (all of the tabs) including signing your name electronically and hitting the submit button.
- For the Enrollment Information section, please complete the application with the following information:
- I am enrolling: Course Ahead student
- My major is: Non-Matriculating
- Where do you plan to attend classes: (the name of your high school)
- Course: (the name of the course)
- When do you plan to enroll: Fall 2019
If you have any questions about this program, contact Priscilla Alicea in the Office of Admissions at 732-987-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.