Dr. Anna King
School of Arts & Sciences
Department of Criminal Justice, Anthropology, Sociology & Human Rights
Jefferies Hall 111
See current office hours and schedule your appointment here.
- Ph.D. Criminology, University of Cambridge, England
- M.A. Criminal Justice, University at Albany, New York
- B.A. Psychology , Clark University, Massachusetts
Research / Creativity Interest Area
- CJ503 Criminal Justice & Society
- CJ501 Theory & Practice in Criminology
- CJ435 Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
- CJ355 Political Crime & Terrorism
- CJ351 Comparative Criminal Justice Systems
- CJ325 Gender & Crime
- CJ200 Theories of Crime
See CV or Schedule of GCU Courses taught for more comprehensive list.
- King, A. (2019). U.N. Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women. In Bernat, F.P & Frailing, K. (Eds.), The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Women & Crime, pp. 1047-49, Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell. doi: 10.1002/9781118929803.ewac0505
- King, A. (2019). Female Drug Use, Abuse & Offending. In Bernat, F.P & Frailing, K. (Eds.), The Wiley Blackwell Encyclopedia of Women & Crime, pp. 233-34, Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.doi: 10.1002/9781118929803.ewac0125
- Sheridan, M., Rainville, R., King, A., Royster, B. & Fazari, G. (2019). The Historical Dictionary of Criminal Justice. Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc. Lanham, MD.
- King, A. (2018). Just Mercy through Cultural and Convict Criminology, Journal of Criminal Psychology, Special Issue: Prison Research: Expanding our Network. 8 (1): 80-95. doi.org/10.1108/jcp-09-2017-0038
- King, A. (2017). Going Inside Crime & Punishment: The Oranges of Anti-Rehabilitative Justice. Journal of Theoretical and Philosophical Criminology, 9 (2): 99-117.
- Caputo, G., King, A. (2015). Shoplifting by Male and Female Drug Users: Gender, Agency, and Work. Criminal Justice Review, 40 (1): 47-66. doi.org/10.1177/0734016814568012
- King, A., Maruna, S. (2011). Shame, Materialism, and Moral Indignation in the East of England: an Empirical Look at Ranulf’s Thesis. In Karstedt, S., Loader I., Strang, H.(Eds.), Emotions, Crime and Justice, pp. 123-142, Oxford: Hart Publishing. doi.org/10.5040/9781472565471.ch006
- Caputo, G., King, A. (2011). Shoplifting, Women, Agency & Gender. Feminist Criminology, 6 (3): 159-177. doi.org/10.1177/1557085111402815
*For more comprehensive list, see Vita or Google Scholar or ResearchGate profiles .
- Interviewed for GCU Magazine (2019, June), “Criminal Justice Professors Explore the Past to Move Audiences beyond Prime Time”
- Interviewed for Suburban Family (2019, Feb), “Careers in CJ on the Rise”
- Interviewed for Faculty Focus (2018), “Exploring the Demand for Punishment”.
- Interviewed for The Asbury Park Press (2018, March), “NJ school threats: Have we lost our minds?”
- Interviewed for GCU Magazine (2017, Spring), “The New Department of Criminal Justice, Anthropology, Sociology & Human Rights”