Dr. Jeongwon Choi
Assistant Professor & Program Coordinator, Sports Management
School of Business & Digital Media
Farley Center 306
- Ph.D. in Sport Administration, University of New Mexico, 2022
- M.B.A. Specialized in Sport Administration, St. Thomas University, 2012
- B.S. in Ocean Physical Education, Korea Maritime and Ocean University, 2011
- Supervisor, USA Lobo Triathlon, 2022
- Director of Operations, University of New Mexico Lobo Men’s Soccer Team, 2018-2019
- Manager, PR / Team, Suwon JS Cup U-19 Organizing Committee, 2016
- Assistant Manager, Repucom Korea (Nielsen Sports), 2014
- Staff, Property Development Team, Sportizen Ltd., 2013-2014
- Researcher, SMS Research & Consulting Ltd., 2013
- Ft. Lauderdale Strikers, Marketing Intern, 2011
Research / Creativity Interest Area
- Matz, R., Smith, A. B., & Choi, J. (2022). The perfect storm: Developmental tour golf, athletic identity, and COVID-19. Managing Sport and Leisure. 1-18.
- Choi, J. & Kim. H. (2021). Sustainable careers of athletes: Themes and concepts regarding transition theories involving athletes. Sustainability, 13(9), 1-13.
- Choi, J. & Smith, A. B. (June, 2022). Collegiate Athletes’ Motivation Towards Dual Role and Career Transition Plan: A Sequential Mixed Method Approach. North American Society or Sport Management conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Smith, A.B., Choi, J., Harry, M., Springer, D., & Hatteburg, S. (March, 2022). COVID-19 Stressors and Coping of NCAA Graduate and Assistant Coaches. College Sport Research Institute. Columbia, SC.
- Kim, H., Choi, J., Izquierdo, M., & Seidler, T. (February, 2022). Diversity and Inclusion: A Legal Observation for Transgender Athletes. Sport and Recreation Law Association. Virtual Conference. Atlanta, GA.
- Choi, J. & Smith, A. B. (February, 2021). What is your motivation? NCAA Division I student athletes’ motivational perspectives on dual roles. Applied Sport Management Association conference. Virtual Conference.
- Smith, A. B., Matz, R., & Choi, J. (February, 2021). The perfect storm: Developmental pro golf, COVID-19, and athletic identity. Applied Sport Management Association conference. Virtual Conference.