Professor of Mathematics
Arts and Sciences
Department of Mathematics, Computer Information Systems and Physics
- Monday 3:20 pm – 4:40 pm
- Wednesday 3:20 pm – 4:40 pm
- Additional by appointment
- Doctor of Philosophy in Mathematics, University of New Brunswick, Canada.
- Thesis title: Perturbation Methods for Circulant-banded Systems and Their Parallel Implementation.
- Master of Philosophy in Mathematics, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India.
- Thesis title: Spectral Approximation Theory for Variational Problems.
- Master of Science in Mathematics, University of Bombay, India.
- Bachelor of Science in Mathematics, Wilson College, University of Bombay, India.
- Perturbation methods for approximate and exact solutions to linear system of equations with special coefficient matrices (banded, circulant and Toeplitz).
- The development of efficient algorithms for parallel processing.
- Spectral approximation theory for variational problems.
- Interlace polynomial of various graphs and its properties.
- Labeling of various graphs and its properties.
- Designed and taught undergraduate courses including: Computer Programming I, Making Sense of Data: Statistical Thinking, Modern Mathematical Concepts II, College Algebra, Pre-calculus, Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III, Vector Calculus, Linear Algebra, Discrete mathematics, Differential Equations Introduction to Abstract Algebra I, Introduction to Abstract Algebra II, Introduction to Analysis, Research in Physics, and Research Problems in Mathematics.
- Designed and taught graduate courses including: Complex Analysis I, Complex Analysis II, Real Analysis, Differential Equations, Computers in the Classroom, and Point-set topology.
- Developed and taught new graduate courses including: Numerical Methods for Linear Systems, and Some Results in Graph Theory.
- Mathematica, LaTex, Matlab, WordStar, MS Office, Fortran-77, C, C++, Beowulf Cluster platform (Parallel processing machine), use of IMSL and Lapack libraries, Graphing calculator, application of Smartboard Classroom and use of Learning Management Systems such as Angel and Blackboard.
Research / Creativity Interest Area
- “E-super Vertex Magic Labeling of Cartoon Flowers and Wounded Flowers” with G. Joshi, AKCE International Journal of Graphs and Combinatorics, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.akcej.2019.09.001 (2020).
- “Is the Current Education System Better Enough?” with G. Joshi, International Journal of Advance and Innovative Research, Vol. 6(2) pp 1-4 (2019).
- “Interlace Polynomials of n-Claw Graphs” with A. Li Journal of Combinatorial Mathematics and Combinatorial Computing, vol 88, p. 111-122 (2014).
- “A Fast Algorithm for Solving Toeplitz Penta-Diagonal Systems” Applied Mathematics and Computation vol 215, p 3830–3838 (2010).
- “A Parallel Method for Near-Circulant Penta-Diagonal Systems” with L. E. Garey 18th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, p. 229a (2004).
- “An Efficient Method for Second Order Boundary Value Problems with Two Point Boundary Conditions” with L. E. Garey International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol 79(9), p 1001-1008 (2002).
- “Parallel Algorithms for Solving Tri-diagonal and Near-circulant Systems” with L. E. Garey Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol 130(2), p 285-294 (2002).
- Chair of Mathematics & Computer Information Systems (2013-2019).
- Chair of Physics Department (2013-2019).
- Director for “Girl Involved in Science and Technology” a week-long program (2010-present).
- Moderator of the Math Club, Georgian Court University (2007- present).
- Moderator of the New Jersey chapter of Pi Mu Epsilon, a national mathematics honor society, Georgian Court University (2007 – present).
- Faculty Instructional Technology Committee (2008 – 2010, chair for 2014-2020)
- Third Year Review Committee (2015 – 2018).
- Faculty Concerns Committee (2011 – 2017).
- General Education Task Force (2011 – 2013).
- General Education Working Group (2013 – 2015).
- Sunshine Committee (2011- 2015).
- Retention Committee (2013-2014).
- Teacher Education Coordinating Council (2012-present).
- Balloting Subcommittee (2009-2012, chair for 2010 – 2012).
- Program Review Committee (2009 -2010, 2011 – 2012).