The Course Ahead program allows high-achieving high school students capable of meeting an increased challenge, the opportunity to earn college credit through special high school courses.
Georgian Court University has evaluated select courses at participating high schools and has approved the faculty, syllabi and textbooks for college credit. The classes are offered at a reduced rate to students who must apply to the program. Students who wish to attend Georgian Court University upon high school graduation must complete a standard application for admissions. Upon completing a Course Ahead course(s), students can request a transcript from the Registrar’s Office to be sent to another institution.
This program delivers on-site coursework through a partnership between Georgian Court and the high school. Experienced high school teachers who have a Master’s degree in the content area and hold adjunct faculty status at GCU teach the classes; GCU professors act as liaisons.
Courses are presently offered at the following area high schools:
- Academy of Allied Health and Science
- Donovan Catholic High School
- High Technology High School
- Hunterdon Counties Academies
- Manasquan High School
- Ocean Township High School
- Red Bank Regional High School
- St. John Vianney High School
Take the Next Step
Please follow the instructions below to complete the online application:
- Go to https://connect.georgian.edu/apply/
- Please create an account as a First-time user or log in if you are already a Course Ahead student.
- Select the Non-Matriculating 2022 Application.
- Complete the entire application (all of the tabs) including signing your name electronically and hitting the submit button.
- For the Enrollment Information section, please complete the application with the following information:
- I am enrolling: Course Ahead student
- My major is: Non-Matriculating
- Where do you plan to attend classes: (the name of your high school)
- Course: (the name of the course)
- When do you plan to enroll: Spring 2022
- Pay “Application Fee” at $82.00 per unit registered in your application status portal.
If you have any questions about this program, contact Priscilla Alicea in the Office of Admissions at 732-987-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate & Continuing Education