Future-focused: Health Care Programs at GCU
Careers in health care are among the fastest-growing fields nationwide, and Georgian Court University’s Health Care Programs are helping students take their place in these professions.
By 2026, health care occupations are expected to expand by 18 percent and create 2.4 million new jobs, according to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Georgian Court programs offer challenging coursework and opportunities for valuable hands-on experience, even before graduation. We invite you to learn more about GCU’s—
- B.S. in Health Sciences, which is focused on focused on health care systems, insurance, and legal parameters of the profession, as well as social systems and clinical processes. The B.S. in Health Sciences is a great option for students who want to pursue pre-med, pre-dental, pre-podiatry, or pre-physician assistant coursework.
Health Profession Studies – Link
- B.A. in Health Professions Studies, which commands extensive knowledge of the human body including anatomy, physiology, and functions. The B.A. in Health Professions Studies prepares talented students for an array of non-clinical positions or patient care. Successful graduates become leaders in providing care to others while serving the community in health-related settings.
Health Sciences – Link
- B.S. in Nursing, which equips students with the academic rigor and workplace experiences they need to succeed as nurses. GCU’s relevant and innovative curriculum is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The B.S.N. degreeis led by doctoral-level nursing faculty who prepare students to provide the best in patient outcomes.
Nursing – Link
- B.S. in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, a program between GCU and partner institutions. Students spend the first three years taking science and general education courses at GCU, and then apply to one of the partnerships. The fourth year includes specialized courses in medical laboratory sciences. Successful graduates, who also earn a minor in Biology, often work as medical laboratory scientists performing laboratory tests on patient samples and providing physicians with critical data.
Clinical Laboratory Sciences – Link
- B.S. in Exercise Science, Wellness and Sports, a program that gives students the foundation needed to evaluate health behaviors and risk factors. Graduates also learn how to help motivate people to develop healthy lifestyles, and develop wellness programs. There are concentrations in pre-physical therapy, pre-occupational therapy, pre-physician assistant, and coaching—all of which prepare students for graduate school in a variety of health-related fields.
Exercise Science Wellness Sports – Link
- M.A. in Integrative Health, which examines the mind-body-spirit connection and its fundamental role to overall well-being. Students learn about healing methods, research strategies, Eastern and Western approaches to wellness, homeopathy, preventative medicine, and more aspects of interconnectedness related to human health. In addition to the master’s program, a graduate certificate program is also available.
Integrative Health – Link
Georgian Court University
900 Lakewood Avenue
Lakewood, New Jersey 08701
Graduate & Professional Studies