Succeed at Georgian Court University—and beyond—with the TRIO-Student Support Services (TRIO-SSS) program. This federally funded program provides a variety of services to foster your academic achievement and personal success, which corresponds with the university’s mission and Mercy core values. The program is a result of the Higher Education Act of 1965.
Throughout the country, over 20,000 students are involved in TRIO-SSS programs at 800 colleges and universities. You have an opportunity to be one of 160 students in GCU’s program.
Services are free to program participants, thanks to a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and support from GCU. The program requires as much time as you’re willing to put in—generally, the more the better. We make every effort to make things flexible for you, so it fits into your schedule.
Along with a healthy dose of encouragement, we also provide the following resources:
- basic skills instruction
- academic and graduate school counseling
- financial literacy training
- study skills workshops
- walk-in writing lab
- computer lab
- advocacy, mentoring, coaching, and support
- limited financial assistance for Federal Pell Grant-eligible students with documented need
Our goals are to:
- increase the number of disadvantaged low-income college students, first-generation college students, and students with disabilities who successfully complete a program of study at the postsecondary level;
- provide support services that will increase retention and graduation rates;
- foster an institutional climate supportive of the success of students; and
- improve your financial and economic literacy.