Mary Chinery, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, Professor of English
School of Arts and Sciences
Jeffries Hall Room 130
- Ph.D. in English, Caspersen School of Graduate Studies, Drew University, May 2003.
- M.Phil., English, Drew University, 1997; Exams in Early American Literature, Harlem Renaissance, American Drama, Emily Dickinson, American Religious History to 1800; French and German (translation exams);
- M.A. English (Concentration in American Literature), Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, 1988;
- B.A. English (second major in Religious Studies), Georgian Court College, Lakewood, New Jersey, 1986; magna cum laude.
Georgian Court University, Lakewood, New Jersey, 08701
- Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, 2016-
- Assistant Provost, 2010-2016
- Professor of English, 2010-
- Interim Chair of the Department of Communications and Graphic Design, 2009-2010
- Associate Dean, School of Arts and Sciences, 2007-2010
- Program Director, Humanities (now Interdisciplinary Studies), 2009-2018
- Chair of English and Communications, spring 2003-2008
- Associate Professor, 2003-2009; Assistant Professor, 1995-2003; Instructor in English, 1989-1995;
Research / Creativity Interest Area
Twentieth Century American literature; American drama; performance history; women’s literature; Edith Wharton; Willa Cather.