Dr. Neal Steed
School of Business and Digital Media
- August, 2017 Georgian Court University – Lakewood
- Masters of Business Administration
- Admitted to Delta Mu Delta, International Honor Society in Business
- May, 2013 Rutgers University School of Law – Newark
- Juris Doctor
- Member of Phi Alpha Delta International Law Fraternity
- December, 2006 Georgian Court University – Lakewood
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting & Computer Science
- Honors: Summa Cum Laude
- Teaching of various business topics including Business Law, Managerial Accounting, Principals of Accounting, Accounting Info Systems, and Taxation for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
- Department Chair – Business Admin, Accounting, & Economics 2016-2018
- Chair of School of Business Curriculum Committee (2015/16)
- Parliamentarian for Faculty Assembly (2014-18)
- Teaching topics include Business Law, Accounting Info Systems, and Taxation.
- Chair of department Curriculum and Assessment committee.
- Assist clients with legal issues including taxation, estate planning, commercial formation, real estate transactions and contract review.
- Preparation of Individual and Business tax returns.
- Minimization of tax through strategic planning.
- Preparation of comprehensive estate plans to meet client goals.
- Audit, review, and compilation of client financial statements.
- Research complex tax issues involving sales and use tax, federal income taxes, estate and inheritance taxes, and state taxes to resolve tax questions.
- Communicate with IRS agents, either orally or through written correspondence, to resolve various tax disputes to the satisfaction of clients.
- Completion of 1040, 1041, 1065, 1120, 706, 709 and corresponding state tax returns to minimize tax liability for clients.
- Supervise staff and interns through delegation and review of assignments, such as preparation of tax returns and related work papers.
- Management of four multimedia software developers including review and scheduling of assigned tasks.
- Simultaneous development of multiple product lines to successfully meet both business and client needs.
Research / Creativity Interest Area
Effectively Integrating Social Media and Web Based Technologies into the classroom without Lawyers: SixStepModel. The Transitional Journal of Business, 2, 11-20., Elmore, A., & Steed, N. (2017).
Accounting Information Systems and [the] use of supporting schedules in Excel for Multiyear Transactions, Cathy McQuillen, Neal Steed. Presented at AIS Educators Conference 2015.
Reducing the compartmentalization in accounting education through the use of multi-discipline accounting information system scenarios, Neal Steed, Susan E.O. Field. Presented at AIS Educators Conference 2016.
Effectively Integrating Social Media and Web Based Technologies into the classroom without Lawyers: #SixStepModel, Ashley Elmore, Neal Steed. Presented ABR Fall 2017 Conference.