Bachelor’s in Business Administration
Complete part-time or full time with evening classes at Brookdale and online
Break into the world of business with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Georgian Court University (GCU). A GCU business degree prepares you to thrive in today’s competitive marketplace of ideas, industries, and emerging opportunities.
You’ll gain fundamentals about economics, finance, human resource management, marketing, strategy, and much more, in a practical, hands-on way. When finished, you’ll have the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in any workplace━whether it’s a corporate enterprise, nonprofit, or startup.
Your professors are seasoned instructors,experienced entrepreneurs, and successful business professionals beyond campus. This program is also accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), which independently verifies that it meets the highest academic standards.
Business Program Highlights
Cost Per Credit
One of the region’s most affordable and discounted by 25% compared to GCU’s full-time programs
We generously accept up to 90 credits for a faster degree completion experience
Minutes or Less
For in-person classes, our Brookdale location is a short drive from most locations in northern central NJ
Avg. Student-to-Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean personalized attention from world-class faculty who want to help you succeed
Online to In-Person Learning
This program blends online coursework with in-person classes at our convenient Brookdale location
Access to Resources
GCU’s part-time students get full access to tutoring, librarian, and career placement services
Request More Info
Have a question? Get in touch. You can also schedule a 15- to 30-minute virtual chat with one of our representatives; they can review your unofficial transcript(s) and determine how many credits count toward your GCU degree.
To earn a B.S. in Business Administration, you must successfully complete at least 120 credits, including:
- General Education courses
- Accounting, business, and economics courses (54 credits)
- Optional concentration courses (12 credits)
For more information on program requirements, consult the Undergraduate Catalog.
- AC171 Principles of Financial Accounting I (3)
- AC172 Principles of Managerial Accounting (3)
- EC181 Principles of Macroeconomics (3)
- EC182 Principles of Microeconomics (3)
- IS224 Computing & Information Systems in Business (3)
- BU121 Quantitative Business Concepts (3)
- BU211 Business Law (3)
- BU213 Management Theory & Organizational Behavior (3)
- BU221 Business Statistics & Probability (3)
- BU241 Principles of Marketing (3)
- BU242 Managerial Communications (3)
- IS320 Management Information Systems (3)
- BU335 Financial Management I (3)
- BU411 Human Resource Management (3)
- BU450 Internship & Career Preparation (1)
- BU451 Internship (2+)
- BU491 Business Strategies & Policy (3)
- Choose from business electives 300+-level AC, BU, EC, or IS (6)
Note: BU121 may be waived if the student has achieved a B or better in MA107, MA109, MA110, or MA115.
Sports Management Concentration:
- BU371 Principles of Sports Management (3)*
- BU373 Sports Marketing (3)
- BU375 The Business of Sports in Society (3)
- BU376 Special Events Management (3)
Note: ES315 Sports in Society can be substituted for any of the courses in the sports management concentration.
*ES325 Wellness Program Management is cross-listed with BU371
Tuition is just $564 per credit. Students enrolling at Brookdale are encouraged to complete a minimum 12 credits per term; therefore estimated annual tuition is $13,536. Full time or part time study may be an option, depending on program and course availability.
In-person coursework takes place at the Northern Monmouth Higher Education Center, 1 Crown Plaza, Hazlet, NJ, which is Exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway. Georgian Court University shares this convenient “satellite” location with Brookdale Community College.
The Center is a modern, 29,000-square-foot facility with smart classrooms, science labs, faculty offices, a computer lab, a student lounge, study spaces, and plenty of parking.
GCU offers a streamlined enrollment process. We require only:
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities (or high school for those with less than 24 credits)*
*Please note that students may apply ─ and be conditionally accepted ─ using their unofficial transcripts. Official transcripts can be provided prior to matriculation.