Programs & Events
- Blessing of the Animals: In the spirit of the Feast Day of St. Francis of Assisi, the campus community and friends of the university are encouraged to bring their furry, scaled, or feathered friends to campus. During this brief outdoor service, our chaplain blesses our cherished pets and reminds us of the goodness of God’s creatures. This is held annually on or near the Feast of St. Francis (October 4) at 1:30 p.m. at the Jeffries Hall Arcade.
- International Day of Prayer for Peace & Gandhi Day of Non-Violence: Each year, the GCU community gathers at the peace pole in front of Jeffries Hall for an interfaith service. The event includes prayer from multiple faith traditions to seek a more just and peaceful world.
- Christmas Tree Lighting and Blessing: Each year, the Georgian Court University comes together to bless our community Christmas tree. The celebration includes holiday refreshments, entertainment, prayer, and Christmas carols for all to sing along. Bring an ornament to adorn our tree. All are welcome.
- Athletes’ Retreat “More than Winning: Training for the Greater Race”
- Busy Persons’ Retreat (on-campus)
- Faculty Staff Retreat
- RCIA Retreat (for those receiving the sacraments of baptism, confirmation, and first Communion)
- Mercy Collegiate Society Retreat
- Other Retreats