Chile Virtual Live: Social Justice, Culture, & Graphic Art
Join our spring 2024 virtual program & Immerse in Chilean culture, food, and social justice as we engage in live virtual tours and experiences!
- thursday, february 22nd 2:00-3:30pm *virtual (On campus Option)
- Orientation Orientation to our program and to the sites and culture.
- Spanish Language & Chilean Expressions
- tuesday, March 5th 1:00-3:00PM *Virtual (on campus option)
- Viña del Mar & Valparaíso Tours Live tour of two contrasting coastal cities
- Introduction to People, Places, & Transportation
- Wednesday, March 6th 4:00-6:30pm *Virtual (on campus option)
- Food & Shopping Join our hosts as they take us shopping & demonstrate some food and drink preparation
- Culture & Language Experience interactive language and a traditional dance
- Thursday, March 7th 2:00-4:00pm *On campus (Virtual option)
- Chilean Social Movements of the 1980s Hear testimonials about life during the Pinochet dictatorship
- Graphic Artist Workshop
- Friday, MARCH 8TH 9:45aM – 1pm *ON CAMPUS
- Santiago Tour & International Women’s Day
- Chilean Empanada Cooking Class & Program Final Celebration
COST & ENROLLMENT
- Free to students in GS200- Global Perspectives of Diversity (Spring 7 week1 session; 1-credit course)
- $65 program fee for all other students & community members
- Free spots reserved for the first 10 TRIO Scholars who apply.
- Open to GCU Alumni, Faculty, Staff, & Administration after February 1st.
- Priority is given to students & virtual seats are limited!
- Application will open for students on September 8th! Please apply on Blackboard under the Global Education organization –See “Application Process” and apply under “Chile Virtual Program” (*please see Getting Started for details on how to join the Blackboard organization)
- You will receive a confirmation within 3 days confirming your acceptance to the program
- Application for GCU alumni, staff, faculty, and administration will open here from February 1st – February 16th
- Please contact Laura Grodewald for any questions